4

Landon's POV

"The blood in my veins is made up of mistakes

Let's forget who we are and dive into the dark

As we burst into color returning to life"

5 seconds of summer's song Jet Black Heart is playing as I'm lead - well more like as I'm dragged- to the back of the seemingly innocent booth at the back of the room of this random restaurant. I can't believe he found me. It's been two months since I ran into him at the grocery store. Shit! What am I going to do? I kept a cold mask on my face as I discreetly checked my surroundings. The kitchen is right next to the bathrooms. I'm sure they have a back exit for deliveries and stuff. I need to find a way to get there. We reached the back booth and all thoughts of escape ceased to exist. I was forced to sit down. I looked into those cold green eyes that once brought feelings of safety, love, and awe, but now bring feelings of dread, anxiety, and pain.

"Landon."

I steeled my face from any kind of emotion.

"Luke."

"Why so cold? You used to shout my name in joy and usually pleasure."

He had the nerve to wink at me. I wanted to scoff in disgust and spit in his face, but I controlled myself. I stayed quiet and just let him do all the talking.

"Will you be giving me the silent treatment this whole time?"

I still didn't say anything.

"Fine, I came here to have a decent conversation with you where I tell you that I have your niece and I-"

I couldn't control myself after he said that. I lunged across the table trying to reach him, but his goons grabbed me before I could reach and pulled me back to my seat. One was about to punch me, but Luke held up his hand to stop him.

"Now that certainly got your attention. Do you want to see her? What is her name? Zuri?"

I clenched my fist in my hand. How did he find out about her? I made sure Angie never left the house while pregnant except to her doctor appointments. Then, when she gave birth. I told them our mother was dead and that we had no other family. We used alias when at the doctors since Zuri was going to have her father's last name we didn't change hers. The only time we didn't use an alias was when we rent our apartment. That must have been it. Fuck, maybe one of our neighbors told him about Angie getting pregnant. But how did he get her from her father? He couldn't have known unless he had someone follow me after he found me at the store. Fuck! Shouldn't Zayden have decent security? How did he get her then?

"How?"

That was all I needed to say and he'd know what I was asking.

"I had you followed as you may have guessed by now. Plus, Frost had more security installed and hired some bodyguards since paparazzi was flooding his house ever since they found out he had a daughter. It was easy. I had one of my guys go in undercover and steal her when she was down for one of her naps."

"You bastard! What has she ever done to you? I didn't want her to have this kind of life!"

Luke begins to laugh. Fuck, what am I going to do?

"I'll tell you what. You come with us peacefully and we won't bring the girl into this life at all."

"I want to see her."

"You'll see her when we get to the house."

"Fuck you! I want to see her before we leave this booth!"