3

Zayden

"So let me get this straight. You went to a club one day to get completely piss drunk and you ended up having sex with some girl. Ten months later, a baby arrives at your doorstep and you get all the legal stuff done and you completely set up the nursery and baby-proof your giant mansion and have been taking care of her these past two - three weeks? And you barely tell us now?"

"Um yes. That is correct Chas."

"Why the fu-"

"Can I see her please?"

"Of course, ma."

I'm glad she cut Chastity off or else she would have never calmed down from the rant that she was about to start. I got up and went into my room. Maria told me that Zuri needs to have her own room so that she won't get use to sleeping in the same room with me which could keep her from learning to sleep on her own, but I didn't really have a nursery for her yet. So I had people come in and renovate the room that is across the hall from mine so that I could get to her easily a week ago. I added fairy lights, an in-the-wall aquarium, and security cameras are going to be installed tomorrow. I've also added one of those window seats so I can hold her and stare outside as she sleeps in my arms and had it painted black and white as well. I hope she likes it when she's old enough to appreciate her room. I walked toward Zuri's bassinet and pick her up carefully. I put her in my room because I just wanted her near me for a bit, but then my mom and Chastity came over. Zuri whimpers before I rock her a bit in my arms. She's still sleeping and doesn't like to be woken, just like me. I smile because I've notice she has a lot of my personality. But, there are few things that she probably got from her mother. I wonder what she was like? What Landon is like? Good god, I quickly averted my thoughts to other things. Ever since I heard Landon's back story and seen his photo I can't seem to keep myself from thinking about him and what could have happen for him to have gone under the radar? I also can't help but think about his multiple trips to the hospital during those seven years. Zuri whimpers and pulls me from my wandering thoughts. I quickly rock her before walking out the room. She seems to have fallen asleep again. When I get back to the living room, I see my mother, Maria, and Chastity huddled together as if they were in some top secret meeting. They still didn't notice me so I cleared my throat which caused them to look up like a deer caught in headlights. I raise one eyebrow before my mother covers her mouth with her hands. Tears quickly welled up in her eyes as I walk over to her. Maria bows her head at me and coos at Zuri before leaving the room to presumably her part of the house. Before she left though, I asked her to warm up dinner for everyone here since we all haven't eaten. She nods and walks toward the kitchen instead of her room. I feel a bit bad, but I'm hungry and I need to deal with my mom and sister before we get to eat.

"Oh my goodness! She's beautiful! She looks almost exactly like you when you were her age!"

I could only nod as I took in the sight of my mother crying happily as she holds my daughter. I look over to my sister who seems to be in shock since she hasn't said a word and her eyes are wide open while doing the impression of a fish.

"Chas, come meet your niece."

Chastity seems have awaken from her current state of shock. She quickly walks over to our mom, who is cooing at Zuri, who seems to have woken up from her nap. I go into the kitchen to start a bottle for her since it seems to be her dinner time. I walk back into the living room and go to grab my daughter when my mom slaps my hand away and grabs the bottle instead. She walks over to the couch and sits down as she begins to feed Zuri. I smile at the fact that my mom seems to have fallen in love with her. I feel a tapping on my shoulder and look away from the lovely scene. Chastity was behind me and motioned for me to follow her into the kitchen. So I did. Maria had just finished putting the casserole in the oven when we entered.