The Spinning Castle

Suzette's POV

Castle.

Manor. Residence. Home. Fortification.

Call it what you will, and I will call it what I may.

I call this place home, a lovely place with stone walls and beautiful archways, a fountain, gargoyles, paved pathways, servants at every corner, a throne to sit upon, a beautiful view of the mountains and forests and rivers and-- I digress.

This is EXACTLY where I belong.

I take a long whiff of the air peacefully until one of my servants come in.

I turn around to find the man in all black, a special servant of mine whom I call Alec.

"Alec, how are you?" I ask enthusiastically.

"Majesty, the clothes have been delivered."

A shudder runs down my back, like ice-cold water being poured there without mercy.

"And she accepted them?" I question, walking towards the open window for air.

"It took her a while, but yes," he says.

The world begins to spin, and I grab onto the windowsill to keep my balance as the floor becomes the ceiling, and the ceiling becomes the floor. My world is turning and spinning, and I find myself hyperventilating.

"Majesty, don't you suppose it is time for her to--"

"No!" I scream.

He seems taken aback for a moment, but then finally, realizing I was dizzy, asked if I wanted a cup of water.

"Yes, Alec, that would be very nice," I say to make him leave.

I never want to talk about her again.