Death Anniversary

Suzette's POV

Night falls fast, and a plan hatches in my mind just as quickly. I look at her--that demon with a name and blood like mine. Lizette.

I try to regain my composure, try to not seem too stunned by the sudden flashback of a crime to be unspoken of. I take a deep breath in, and I give Lizette a cold stare. I try my best not to laugh at her behind bars.

My calmness confuses her. She raises an eyebrow slightly, just like I do when I'm confused.

"Right. Nine years," I say. "Silence. Silence is needed. So, Alec, as I've said, stop talking. Send a messenger to the kingdom to announce a night of complete silence in honor of my... deceased parents. Lights should all be out."

"Yes, Your Majesty," Alec replies with a bow. He leaves swiftly, ready to obey me and only me.

Once I'm alone with Lizette, she stands up, but she doesn't come forward.

"What are you thinking?" she whispers, her voice hoarse and ragged.

"Lost your voice, now haven't you? Good."

She backs away, to the wall.

Just as it should be.

I stare at her. A cold hard stony gaze. I narrow my eyes. I smile, a crazed one that a madman has.

"Goodnight, dear prisoner. Remember, stop talking," I say before leaving.

She doesn't get up as I leave, so I smile as I walk out the doors. I have Lizette right where I want her--locked up in a tower in a castle she doesn't want to be in. She's close to me--physically. Now.

Nine years?

What's better to celebrate their death anniversaries than another death?