Wattpad Original
This is the last free part

Mission 9: Dangerous Arrangement

I woke up to a lethal hangover and a big question: Did we do it or not?

My robe was neatly put aside, I was sleeping on his bed, naked under the sheet, and alone.

No, not alone. The vague memories and the shame lingered. On the bedside was a bowl of soup. Hangover Cure was written on a post-it stuck to a small envelope. I fled to the bathroom before I could open it. I swore myself never to drink bottles from the top shelves, as the contents of my stomach rebelled for freedom. Weird juices, pungent and bitter, flew out of my mouth as forces twisted and squeezed my insides. Alcohol might be elixirs of confidence, but poison after one sobered.

The sun was already up, illuminating Adam's sleek room. The bedside clock said it was an hour before noon.

Hell, everyone must be awake.

The room was huge, and the furniture was far in between, yet, I seemed to magnet in each of them. My day began as a klutz, and I was never a one until now. "Damn you, alcohol," I muttered after I exited the bedroom. Then I cursed Adam too.

Realizing the distance, I wished Adam and my room would be next to each other. This distance could lead to different scenarios. Like before a mission, I had a simulation in my head.

1. What to do not to get caught.

2. What to do if I get caught.

3. How to escape.

Everything toppled down when Bino emerged from the next door, with a face ready to smash people's heads and conquer the day. We both froze. Then he eyed me head to foot, then Adam's room, then back to me.

"G-Good morning." The short robe, messy hair, and guilty face gave me away.

"Uh... yeah,"

He wouldn't dare, I'm sure there's a 'Don't f*cking ask' plastered on my face as I walked past him, head up high and desperate to salvage whatever pride I have left. Then I froze and cursed. The Gamblers, Gringo brothers, came out of their rooms at the same time. Great. Two bombs at the same time.

Pink and Greco's sleepy face lit up like an explosion. I almost stared up the ceiling and prayed. Please, not them. Anyone but them.

They leaned on their doors with identical lopsided grins. Another surge of bile tried to rebel out of my stomach.

"Hello E—" My fist buried on Pink's face before he could finish. It's a reflex against jesters.

My eyes snapped to Greco. He whistled and raised his hands in mock surrender. Damn it.

I positioned myself for a killer kick— then stopped before I could raise my foot. Double damn it. I'm naked under the robe.

This kick would cost my ten lives of shame. I was not an Eve with no pride for a mission's success. I was not drunk, and there wasn't any major gain in showcasing my... female parts, no matter how great would it feel if my foot crushed Greco's skull. It's not worth it. So I ended up punching him too.

"I didn't say anything!" He caressed his crooked nose and added without remorse "...Yet."

"Don't you dare." I left the three of them, my back straight and head up high, yet my face was as red as an apple. My walk of shame ended when I reached my room. I slammed the door and went straight for a shower to drown the embarrassment.

Today, I took extra time and chose my best gun and my sharpest blade. If any of them were to mention something about this morning, I swear, heads will roll.

"Good morning, Eevi!" Inno and Q were the only ones in the dining room.

"Where are the others?" Paranoia in the morning wasn't healthy, but I was prepared if ever they jump out of nowhere and kill me with nasty words. I'd slice Adam's head first.

icon lock

Show your support for E. Manawari, and continue reading this story

by E. Manawari
@E_Manawari
Chaos ensues when the Mafia's Adam meets The Commission's Eve. But wh...
Unlock a new story part or the entire story. Either way, your Coins help writers earn money for the stories you love.

This story has 27 remaining parts

See how Coins support your favorite writers like @E_Manawari.