Miracles

A/N: Long chapter ahead! ^0^/

It was, unsurprisingly, another bad day for Xander Jaxon.

Difficult guests and unintended mistakes surfaced one after another, testing the limits of the young man's smile. Then came the unyielding orders of his biological father and yet another dinner with the family of his arranged wife-to-be to top it all off.

What was wife-to-be in the first place, anyway? The man's heart laughed coldly, reminding himself of his own emptiness. What does 'to-be' refer to?

Was he going to spend the rest of his life with this person?

This...wife? To be?

Was this his future?

The man began his journey home, willing his feet to move. It seemed to the rest of the world that he was moving forward—towards somewhere; a destination, perhaps—but to Xander himself, he knew he was going nowhere.

For no matter how long he had been walking; how far the distance; and how much the pain made him flinch—

Xander's heart had never moved an inch.

However abandoned the lone man in the streets would have seemed, however solitary his world appeared to be, just like how he was on that very Christmas night as a child—

There was a moment where the world seemed to answer,

With a flicker of hope.

Much like a miracle.

It was, unsurprisingly, another bad day for Xander Jaxon.

His sister was having a hard time in school; his father was not being one; his job wasn't all that pleasant; and it had been a long time since he felt loved.

Most importantly, he had not seen his angel's smile today.

And this, perhaps, was above all—the sole reason for Xander to conclude that today was indeed...

A bad day.

But as his angel would say, and as his angel IS, miracles are real.

It was strange for Xander; because it had been such a fated day where he had to make the wrong turn amidst thinking of the one he so loved.