Chapter 34

(Romeo's POV)

"Okay, what's the first lesson in hacking?" Talia asked, kneeling on the couch beside me and placing the her laptop in my lap. The room was bright and the air felt light, and it wasn't the light fixture lighting up the room, it was my beautiful Rose. She looked all perked up and excited for whatever she thought I could teach her. She always managed to look at me in a way that no one else had ever done before.

She had been a godsend today, first helping me with Mr. Vladimir, then fighting off the men in front of my house. Her body with lithe and powerful, each move was strong and determined as she fought. My heart had swelled in my chest, just as it was doing now.

This was it, after so long of crawling through her protective, thorny vines, I had reached her delicately beautiful flower, the petals as silky smooth as her skin, her pleasing scent far bypassing that of an actual rose.

"Romeo," Talia spoke in a sing a song voice, her golden hair hanging around her face in soft waves.

I feasted my eyes across her creamy skin, her eyes the brightest, deepest orbs of green, like leaves on a rose vine. She had the dimples that pronounces her contained smile, her lips calling me towards her without words. Every part of her was flawless, down to her button nose and beauty spots that decorated her skin in a few spots. Her imperfections were perfection to me.

Suddenly her lips were pressed against mine and I was tasting her. If I could have moaned my pleasure to have her lips on mine, then I would have. The finest thing in my life was kissing her, feeling the brush of her lips against mine.

Talia pulled back, her hands cupping my face in her hands. "Are you okay now?"

If I could, I would spend hours, hell, even my whole life, with her lips pressed against my own.

I took a deep breath and nodded, turning back to the computer. I had to get this job done that way I could focus solely on her.

I had did the crime of falling in love with her, now I had to do the time. And I was in for a life sentence.

I reached over for the file that Mr. Vladimir had given us, handing it over to Talia. I typed into the computer what I wanted to say. "First we get to know our target."

"Of course," Talia said, sitting cross legged on the couch, the folder laying open on her legs. "Okay, so we're hacking into a casino in Africa. We're looking for two people, Chester and Tasha."

"What do we know about them?" I asked.

"It doesn't really say much about them, just that they're on the run," Talia said, flipping through the pages in the folder. "Research time?" Talia asked, shutting the folder and scooting closer to me until she was pressed up against my side, at my nod.

She snuggled against my as I typed the first name into the computer. I was glad that she had offered for me to use her computer, here with her. She was much better company than the crabby librarian or the rude woman at McDonald's.

Chester Allen Quinn, owner of Quinn industries. Has several homes scattered across the world, along with a fleet of cars, employees, and even a private jet. He was a cliche rich guy, with plenty of money to spend. The only problem was, he was squeaky clean. Too clean. Usually when someone wanted to cover up their dirty deeds, there's still a dust trail left, but with Mr. Quinn, there was none. It would take a talented hacker to clean up someone's image this well, which told me that if this man was at the casino I would be hacking into, it wouldn't be easy, especially if he realized I was hacking. I would need to be sneaky and discrete, leaving as little of a trail as possible.

I looked at Talia, who had been reading everything I had been looking through for the last hour. Her face was twisted as she looked at the screen. I watched her as she continued staring at the screen, deeply focused on finding out every clue on the guy. Slowly, she turned her head, her eyes meeting mine. I could see the change in her expression when she saw I was no longer looking at the screen, but at her.