Detention with Snape

Walking to Snape's office, thinking where I can get blood. Thankfully it’s a Friday. I can go to the forbidden forest and hunt down blood source. I don’t usually have to resort to it if only the damn blood banks weren't contaminated.

I reached the office and knocked.

"Enter" he glanced at me in the corners of his eyes.

“Good evening Professor. What will I do for tonight’s detention?”

"You will arrange my shelf in alphabetical order according to author and clean those cauldrons afterwards." he pointed with his quill. "I wanted to see those neatly cleaned without magic or else you will have additional detention." he said lazily.

Oh gosh it’s a lot of work. He looked up to me, "Any problem?" he smirked.

"None, Professor." damn you. This is really an unreasonable detention. I didn’t even do anything wrong in the first place. I just have to endure these detentions, because I know that complaining will do me no good and even worsen my situation.

As I am arranging the books, A…… B……C… I stopped dead on and picked up a familiar book, which as far as I know has less than 5 copies and really difficult to obtain, unless this was recopied without consent, I am really disappointed, which only added more anger to me.

“Excuse me professor.” No response, I walked in front of his desk and slammed the book with a THUD…..

“Ms. Jade, your attitude is beco-“

“Don’t you dare give me that crap… You… you… how did you got a copy of this?” I said tapping the book, “Did you recopy it this without his consent? Huh? Do you have no respect to him?” In that moment I did not care if he is a professor or not, what mattered to me is the author’s legacy and work. I still love him more than anything or anyone else. Any form of disrespect to him, I won’t tolerate.

Snape suddenly rose from his chair and glared me with twice my intensity, Anger oozed from him when he spoke, “You do not speak to me like that. And dare you accuse me of such blasphemy. You do not know me, so don’t throw such gibberish allegation! I would not, never do such thing especially to a man who literally saved many lives, including my own!”

I was taken aback not only by his sudden up burst, which is the first, but because of his statement. “He……saved you?” I said suddenly confused… “I didn’t….know…. I’m sorry…. My actions are not acceptable ….  I’m not thinking clearly….”

“Out! Just get out!”

“I’m sorry….” I whispered before he slammed the door to my face.

That was really terrible… no… I am a terrible person for throwing such allegations…. What have I done? My emotions never cloud my judgment before, so why now?

Third Person’s Point of View

After slamming the door shut, Severus tried to calm himself. It’s the first time he felt angry since the war was over. Hearing those words from the brat made him boil with fury. He looked at the book again.

Mending Illnesses and Curses with Spells and Potions

By Caldwell, Martin. It was the first book ever created by one of the best healer in the Wizarding World. He started the book while still in Hogwarts and finished right after the first war. He was and is mostly acclaimed for saving many lives, like Lupin, Tonks, during the second and final battle to defeat Voldemort.

When Martin Caldwell deduct Dumbledore’s plot to his death in the last minute, Martin immediately rush to Hogwarts, even though he made it clear that he did not want to involve in the war. Only to find the headmaster lying cold on the ground, while death eaters invade the castle. But being a brilliant healer he was, he revived the old man to full health and even discard the curse in his hand. Martin knew that he needs to hide Dumbledore for the old man’s plot to succeed. After that he fully pledged his alliance to Dumbledore.