February Wary

Herbology became a flirting session between Gryffindor’s and Hufflepuff’s in asking for dates instead of practicing patronus.

"Hey Lexie," a Hufflepuff guy named Bryan, approached Lexie.

She gave him a look that says, "You better not ask me."

"Yes?" she answered expressionless. The whole class became quiet; apparently they captured everyone’s attention.

"Will you be my date on the 14th?" he said giving her his usual player smile that the girls swoon over. But not her.

What a player! He thinks he can get me. I know better though, he wanted to get under my pants.

"Do you want to be hexed?" she said raising her wand.

"Come on babe. I kno-" he took a step closer. She pointed her wand at him and gave him a death glare. He looked around and saw him swallow hard.

He took another trembling step, not wanting to loose face, not to her, not in front of the class.

"Petri-“ Lexie started and Bryan run out of the class as fast as possible stumbling from time to time. When he is out, most of the students laughed so hard.

"The player deserves that! Betting on who gets the wallflower-" Ken blurted out.

"Ken! She's not a- oh god- Lexie wait." Kristen glared and pointed to Ken” you better apologize to her.” She said before following her best friend. Before Kristen is lost in the crowd, Ken shouted, “but it’s the truth…”

 Alexandra “Lexie” Jade sat alone in her next class at the farthest corner of the Transfiguration room.  She knows that she overreacted and what Ken said was true, but hearing it from one of her best friends hurt her so much.  Her troubled face didn’t go unnoticed by her head of house, Minerva McGonagall that she decided to make her stay after class.

“What is it that troubles you?” McGonagall asked concerned, when Lexie didn’t answer she continued, “Is it your studies? Professor Snape is quite concerned I must say, he told me about your doubt in becoming a healer.”

Lexie did not expect this from her head of house. She was so sure that Snape would just forget about their conversation. Coming from McGonagall, Snape was concerned to her, but the other night she was so sure that he just talked to her because he was irritated to her voice and wants her to shut up. She doesn’t know now what to think of the Professor Snape.

“I… yes… I guess…” Lexie answered.

“Don’t worry too much about the upcoming exams. I know you will do just fine.” After that Lexie thanked Professor McGonagall and left. Lexie has many things in her mind and she knew that further distraction will only affect her studies.

Inside the common room, she came face to face with her two best friends.

Ken, looking uncomfortable, was nudged by his girlfriend, Kristen. “Ken has something to tell you.” Lexie looked at Ken’s expressionless face.

“What I have said moments ago…. It’s the truth… No. Don’t say a word Kristen. I’m tired of these, you always siding her instead of your boyfriend… You” Ken pointed at the dumbstruck Lexie, “I only tolerated you this long because of her. You're always being like Ms. Independent and you consider us your friends, best friends I may say. Best friends should trust each other, but in your case-“

“Ken, stop it!” Kristen said aware where these encounter will go, but despite her protest Ken continued.

“you don’t trust us. Also, you envy us; I can see it in the look in your eyes. You envy the love we two have and our talent or should I say especially our talent in Potions. I'm being real to you-“