Do Us part

Preston wakes up to find himself asleep on the bed he was provided, rather then the chair he passed out on. Not caring how he got there, he suddenly remembered why he was there. He sat back in his chair to see Lachlan was starting to stir.
Happy, Preston lightly rubbed his cheek with his thumb.
There was a slight groan coming from Lachlan then words formed.

"P-preston?"
Preston gasped almost tearing up again.
"I'm here Lachy. I'm here" He kisses his nose softly
"Preston... I-I'm scared... what happened...?" Lachlan weakly asked, voice shaking

Prestons voice caught but he attempted to form a sentence.
"Y-you were shot... I-i don't know by who but you were. I had you rushed to the ER.."

Lachlan sighs slightly opening his eyes looking at Preston and for the first time since the incident, They both smiled in unison. Lachlan slowly lifted his hand wincing slightly, and rests it on Prestons cheek.

"T-thank you... for everything mate. I-i couldn't ask for a better *Cough* boyfriend" Lachlan says smiling softly at his brown haired boy.
"N-no problem. I love you so much. I'd do anything for you." He replied

Lachlan coughs again.
And again.
And again...
He starts having a coughing fit. A bad one.
There's blood.

Prestons eyes widen and he rings the bell
For the nurse to come.
"No... please no not again" Preston mentally screams at himself.

The nurse runs in and by then, Lachlan's shirt and blanket are covered with blood spatters from him coughing.

His heart starts to speed up...
His eyes start to roll back into his head.
Prestons screaming.
The doctors are yelling at eachother to get things to help the poor, dying boy.

It's. Too. Late.
*Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....*
The boy has flatlined.

Preston is bawling and pushed out of the way as the doctors gather around to try and restart the young boys heart.

"CLEAR"
Nothing... the doctors sigh and shake their head in sadness. Preston walks over to his passed partner. He's sobbing and clutching the boys shirt.

"LACHLAN WHY. WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME ALONE LIKE THIS."