Chapter One: Evers Floral

The week before Valentines Day, is by far the busiest week selling flowers at Evers Floral. At least twelve orders a day for dozens upon dozens of roses.
I sat behind the long oak counter messing with my dress shirt sleeves, stray strands of brown hair falling in my sky blue eyes. Which I would blow away only for it to fall back in my gaze.

I heard the little bell above the door ring. Suggesting a new customer entered the shop seeking attention; and most likely adding another dozen roses for me to make.

I looked up and my eyes widened.

'Wow...'

A man walked into the shop. Not just any man, but a man with an air of confidence and complete happiness.
He was taller than me, brownish black hair that curled slightly, and parted to the side hanging in his green eyes that reminded me of the flourishing forests of Minnesota I grew up in.
He had tannish skin that made his eyes look even brighter if that were possible.
He wore a black leather jacket with a white t-shirt beneath it, grey distressed jeans, and black converse. From what I could tell, he was pretty built.

'He's cute... No. Scratch that... Hot.'

I shake the thought from my mind.
Working at a flower shop most of the guys were getting flowers for their girlfriends, or wives, so I never really flirted. I was professional... Most of the time.

He walked to the counter, a slight grin tugging his lips before he leaned on the counter propping himself up on his elbows.

"I have an order under Austin Vale." He said with a voice like a cello, deep and rich. He had to be a singer, from the way he carried himself and acted, like life was a stage built for him.

I was a little lost in his eyes before snapping out of it, smiling sheepishly, tucking a few stray ombré hairs behind my ear.

"S-Sorry I'll be right back." I said before turning myself to the back, where the fridge of flowers was located.

I scanned the shelves and found a lovely batch of red roses with the slip saying his name in my own neat hand writing.

I grabbed the roses and carried them to the counter seeing him starring at me as I rung up the order.

"U-um that'd be twenty five, fifty six." I stuttered.

He blinked and reached into his jacket pulling out a wallet paying for the flowers with a $50 bill.

"Keep the change." He said with a wink, before walking out the store.
I blinked in surprise before adding the money to the tip jar, and going about my day thinking about the handsome stranger.

----------------------------------------------------------------

A few days later it was almost time for me to close shop and he walked in.
A small smile graced my usual poker face as he walked towards me.
He walked up to the counter and seemed slightly nervous.

"U-Um I have an order for Austin Vale." He said.

I nodded before heading in the back looking for another bouquet. Finding an assortment of lavender roses that I actually did myself. I really love the color you see, it's my favorite. Especially on flowers. Anyway...

I walked out of the back with roses in hand and gave them to him. He began to reach into his jacket for his wallet before I spoke up,
"It's fine sir you gave me a large tip last time, it's on me." I said with a smile.
He looked up and smiled back.

"No, I insist." He said, an embarrassed smile on his face.

"Sir." I pleaded, but he handed me a 20 and a 10.