Chapter Five: Valentines Day

I slept easy with Austin, but in the early morning just before the sun glared through the curtains I felt Austin get up. He tried to be stealthy about it, but being that he stubbed his toe nearly yelling 'fuck.' He somehow choked it down with a groan. He limped to his keys hanging by the door, slid on his leather jacket and creeped out the door.

'Where the fuck he going?' I internally groaned.

I was too tired to care so I slipped back into unconsciousness. Having a weird dream about pineapple...

----------------------------

I woke to the front door shutting at about 7:00am.

This time I fully woke, shifting to peak over the couch and watch Austin try enter stealthily again.

"Oh, hi, good morning." He greeted, seeing that he had been caught. He shrugged off his jacket and threw it on the counter, trying to hide something behind his back.

"Where were you?" I ask still not fully ready to get up, rubbing sleep from my eyes.

"Well. I was going to show you later, but... Uh."

He walked over and sat on the couch handing me a small velvety red bag.
I gave him a confused look before realizing and sighing.

"I told you, you didn't have to get me anything." I say, guilty for not getting him something.

"I wanted too." He said giving me a sheepish smile. I sigh then look at the red bag, inside was a large box of chocolates, and a small rectangular navy velvet box.

I looked to him perplexed only to receive a small nod to continue opening my gift.

He blushed, messing with his hands.
I took the little box out of the bag and open it, inside the box was the necklace I looked at.

The silver anchor on the leather cord glinted in the little light draining though the windows.

I smiled tearing up a bit.
"D-Do you like it?" He asked in a shy mumble. He had yet another worried expression on his face. Like I was going to blow up in his face.

"It's beautiful how did you know?" I ask giving him a hug, wrapping my arms around his neck tightly.

"This is the nicest gift I've ever gotten." I say now tearing up and backing away a bit. Looking away from his eyes I crashed my forehead into his collarbone to hide my beet red face.

"Well, I only want the best for my man." He said lifting my chin with a gentle hand and pecking my forehead.
I gave a light laugh jumping and hugging him again, this time crashing to the floor myself on top of him.
I kiss him on the lips and smile. He looks at me seemingly in a daze. I held myself on my forearms making me merely centimeters from his face. He reached up a hand to my cheek stroking my skin soothingly with a smile gradually growing across his features.

"God I wish we could stay like this forever." He said stroking a few hairs behind my ear.

"Me too." I say kissing him softly. Which he returned right away propping himself on his left elbow.

I smirked and pulled away.
"What's for breakfast?" I ask with a grin.

"You are such a tease." He chuckled smiling mischievously. I grinned raising my brows.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I mused trying to seem innocent. He laughed at my attempts and get his hands on my hips, leaning in again.

"Tease." He whispered before connecting our lips again. I allowed it, essentially causing a small- okay maybe huge make out for about five to ten minutes.