Let the Danger Begin ;)

I couldn’t believe it. Him asking me this could mean one of two things: he’s gay, and he’s ready to do something about it, or two, he wants nothing to do with me because I’m gay. Either way, I needed to be honest. I paused for a moment and took a deep breath.

“Ye… Yeah. Yeah I am. I’m gay”

He looked in to my eyes with a relieved look on his face. We both stood there in silence until suddenly he leaned in and kissed me. At first it was light, but soon it became more intense and we had each other pressed up against the wall in a full on make out session. The movie played in the background as we rolled around against the wall, still kissing. He smelled like cologne and cigarettes, possibly one of the best combinations ever.

We both stopped for some air and I had the chance to mutter “What’s happening right now?”

He leaned in for another kiss and said “I don’t know. I’m trying not to think about it, but whatever it is, it works”

We made out for a good 10 minutes, and soon his hands began to pull open his vest as I did the same. Just as he began to take off his shirt, there was a knock on the door.

“Shit!” He whispered as we both recouped from whatever just happened. 

I walked over to the door and unlocked it, only to open it and reveal Michelle standing there with a suspicious look on her face.

“What are you two doing in here?”

Jay and I looked at each other to think of an excuse.

“We’re supervising the movie. Why? What’s wrong?” Jay said, lying.

“Someone came to my office and said the movie was being disrupted by thumping on the wall. The wall meaning this room”

I stood in silence and waited for Jay to respond to her.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, but we’ll try to keep it down I guess” He said.

“Alright… don’t mess up on your first day, that wouldn’t be good” She said to me, as I froze in fear.

She closed the door and walked away. I turned around and Jay was sitting, supervising the movie.

“So… uhh… what?” I said, still in shock.

He didn’t even bother to look at me as he said, “Let’s talk about this another time”

“Oh. Alright…” I sat down and we continued working in silence.

Our shifts ended and he left immediately, not even bothering to say goodbye. I walked out the door behind him and watched him walk fast in to his black BMW, lighting a cigarette on the way. I walked to my car and drove home.

By the time I got home it was 11:45. I showered and hopped in to bed. I stared at my ceiling and continued thinking about what the fuck just happened. I was still in shock. I didn’t know if I wanted to cry, laugh, or scream. I guess I didn’t control it, because soon I was doing all three.  For the first time in my life I felt something that was unexplainable. There were so many thoughts going through my head. What would have happened if Michelle didn’t knock? Is he really gay? Is he bi? What if he tells Angie? What if I tell Angie? What if there are security cameras? My life is over… My head was pounding and suddenly I leaned over my bed and vomited all over the floor. Whatever was happening between us was dangerous…

So far in the past 5 minutes I’ve been happy, sad, scared, nervous, and now I was fucking angry. How could he just leave like it was nothing? Not say a word to me? Who does he think he is? Who does he think I am?! His fucking toy? I was pissed.

I grabbed my phone and sent him a text saying 'We need to talk. NOW'

I instantly felt rude about it and sent another one saying 'Only if you want to'

I waited in fear for the next 5 minutes until my iPhone screen lit up again.

It was from Jay. 'Meet me at the docks downtown in the parking lot'

The docks? Why did he want to go there? Was he planning on murdering me? It didn’t matter. I needed to see him. I slipped on jeans and a hoodie and left the apartment, careful not to wake up my mom. I brought a pocket knife just in case. I went outside to my car, and it was pouring down rain. I drove for about 10 minutes until I reached the big empty parking lot near the docks of the river. It was dark and raining, and there was nobody around.

 I saw a black car pull in the lot and park, and Jay stepped out with a hood covering his head. He looked around and saw my car. I waved through the window and he ran to the passenger’s side and hopped in. We both sat there awkwardly until I broke the silence.

“What happened?”

He looked and me and got his thoughts together. “You wanna know what happened? I asked if you were gay, and you said yes. Well guess what. I am too. So I kissed you, and you kissed back. No overthinking, no stopping. If Michelle hadn’t of interrupted us we probably would have gone further, and you would have went with it. And then I went home to get my fucked up and confused self together, and now we’re here. Need more explaining?”

I still had so many questions I needed answers for. “You’re really gay? What about Angie?” I asked.

He took a deep breath. “One hundred percent homo. She’s a cover up. And you better not tell her, or anyone, about me” He scolded.

“Well you better not tell anyone about me either!”

He laughed. “Cooper. I don’t know how to say this, because I have never told anyone about me, but I…” He paused again. “I really like you. And it’s weird”

I rolled my eyes. “I know the feeling”

He smiled. “So does anybody know about you?” He said.

“Just Maya. And well, now you I guess”

He turned closer to me. “You have to promise me that whatever happens between us, stays a secret” He said.

“Don’t worry… it’s between me and you. But wait a minute… what exactly ARE we?” I asked, confused.

His face lit up. “Whatever you want to be”.

I looked at my phone to check the time. It was 1:30 AM.

“I should really get going home… My mom is probably gonna wake up and be worried…” I said, nervous to continue on with whatever this was.

“What, don’t you wanna finish off where we left off?” He said.

We both instantly started laughing and we pulled each other in to the backseat of my jeep. We began to make out again, while the rain poured against the roof of my car. He pulled off my hoodie and shirt, and I helped him take off his jacket, leaving us both shirtless.  We continued kissing until his hand reached for my zipper.