Chapter 1: Kid, Cat, and Boy...

*Claude's P.O.V*

I sat at a park bench. I watched as my "child" ran around. I say, "child" rather than child because the kid wasn't really mine. Actually, the little blonde one had followed me around. He was a little stalker I tell you... I was minding my own business, and next thing I know the little kid was sitting in my living room in nothing but his patched up rags that he had sewn himself.

He almost scared me... almost.

I sighed as I stood. "Time to go Alois!" I shouted to the little boy who was ripping flowers from the earth.

"Coming!" shouted the little boy as he ran over to me.

He had actually told me his name so freely. Was he used to these things or something? Well, I posted up little... What are they called again? Flyers? I thought there was a specific name for them... But, that's beyond the point. No one took him in. No one had claimed the child, so, I took him to an adoption center and began the process. And, here we are. Three weeks later leaving a nice park that is now missing a small patch of daisies.

I walked to the front of my house and sighed. It was that dumb cat again. I looked down to see the small ball of fur curled up at my doorstep.

"Kitty!" shouted Alois waking up the cat a little.

I glared and grabbed the thing by the nape of its neck. "Wretched creature," I grumbled as I walked over to my nextdoor neighbor's door.

I knocked with the hand not holding the cat and tapped my foot as I heard shuffling.

Then, the door opened and a male a good bit shorter than me appeared.

"Pip," he said as he gently took the creature from my grasp. "Where did you find him?" asked the male in a lazy voice.

"The same place I always find him," I growled.

"Oh..." was all he said. That's all this punk ever said! It ticked me the flip off! I was about to give him a piece of my mind when I remember that Alois was there.

I then took a breath and said, "Good da-"

I was interrupted as I noticed that the male was no longer there.

I turned around to see him crouching down with Alois as they played with the cat.

"Alois," I said. "What are you doing?"

"Playing with the kitty!" cheered Alois as he happily pat the cat.

I then picked up the child and gave a small bow. "See you later."

The male nodded as he stood with his cat in hand. "See yah."

I then walked away from that conversation.

"What a strange individual..." I muttered as I entered my home.

"He's not strange!" yelled Alois as he fought to escape my grasp.

I sighed and set him down. "What's your problem?"

"I like him," Alois said. "And I like the kitty!"

I rolled my eyes. This kid was something alright. "Just go to your room."

Alois puffed out his cheeks and stomped off. He really was nothing but a brat. Yet, I decided to adopt him anyway...

It was the next morning and I was taking out the garbage. I sighed as I dumped the rubbish in its proper place.

"Morning," said a soft, small voice that made me jump.

I looked over in shock to see the neighbor from yesterday. "M-Morning."

The male tilted his head to the side and said, "Where's Alois?"

"Where's Pip?" I countered.

"Right here," said the male and, as if on cue, the black cat popped its head out of the neck of boy's shirt.

I blinked. "Alois is upstairs sleeping."

The male nodded and the cat went back down.

"Why are you so interested in my *cough* child?" I asked.

The male tilted his head to the side. "Why are you so interested in my cat?"

"Huh?" I asked.

"You asked about my cat, didn't you," said the male.

"Well-"

The boy interrupted me with a chuckle and a "The name's Hiito... Ukari, Hiito."

I blinked and said, "Claude. Faustus Claude." I don't know why, but I felt a strange tingle when I heard Hiito repeat my name.

"Nice name," said Hiito as he gave me a small smile.

"You too," I said blushing a little.

"Well, see you then," said Hiito as he walked away.

"Bye..." I said as I watched him go.

What...

Was...

That???

I asked myself as I blushed. First a sudden kid, and now this...