Chapter 5: Bitter

*Claude's P.O.V*

I awoke a little later to a fresh home cooked meal. Now, normally, anyone would be ecstatic to have such a nice meal, but, I wasn't.

I huffed as Alois fawned over Hiito's cooking. It made my eyebrow twitch and a stern frown appear.

"It's just soooooo good, Oka-san!" cheered Alois. He soon moved onto his next compliment faster than he's changed moods.

Hiito just said, "Thanks" over and over as he blushed. It didn't look like Hiito was used to being complimented, which seemed to add to my bitter mood.

"Guess my cooking isn't good enough," I eventually said without even trying to.

The compliments stopped pouring out of Alois' mouth and the blush disappeared from Hiito's face. Now, all eyes were on me, and I can say that I felt uncomfortable.

"Are you... jealous?" questioned Hiito as he rose an eyebrow.

I completely ignored Hiito's question and continued to eat. Either Hiito was way too nice or he was considerate of the fact that he was in someone else's home, but he didn't push the question any further. Even so, Alois did.

He looked at Hiito with big sparkling eyes, egging him on. When he realized Hiito wouldn't continue on, his excited shades of blue hues turned to me. With the look I received, I knew that I better prepare a proper response.

"So, are you jealous, Clauddy?" hummed Alois as his eyes practically bore into my soul.

I gulped a little before letting out a small cough. There was no way I could avoid him for much longer. I was definitely not escaping him. He would pester me about it until it was well past his bedtime.

"I-"

"Alois," interrupted Hiito. "You're food is getting cold. Soon, it'll be ice."

"Ah!" said Alois as he jumped a little. "Thank you again, Hiito-nii!"

Hiito nodded his head. He then glanced at me for a second before letting out a small smile.

How can something like that (^) be so cute? Work of the devils, I tell you.

I sighed as I continued to eat.

*@^@*

I watched as Hiito put Alois to sleep. He honestly looked like a parent doing such things. He would probably make it to the top of the list if he had any kids. Had any kids? Well, does the cat count as one? I know some pet owners feel that their... "babies" are, well, babies. It's not something I would consider, though. A pet is just that, a pet.

If Hiito heard him say that, he'd be punched in the face, or maybe even killed. Just know that Claude Faustus believed with all of his... heart that if he was to say the sentence out loud, he'd end up severely injured.

Hiito and I exited Alois' room without any words being said. We even stood in the hall of the room without words for a good minute. It was uncomfortable for me, but it seemed to be heaven on earth for Hiito.

"You can bring the cat in next time," I broke the silence.

"Sure?" questioned Hiito as he rose an eyebrow.

"Just keep him out of my room," I said as I pushed up my glasses.

Hiito let out a small smile and nodded his head. "Guess there's going to be a next time then..."

I coughed at the realization. "Guess so. Now, you should get home to the... Pip."

"You're right, you're right," said Hiito. He then left to his home.