Chapter 8: Still Here

*Hiito's P.O.V*

I stared at my ceiling. It was weird having your neighbors sleep over in your home. Something about the fact that they could literally just walk a few feet and be at their door unnerved me. It would be fine if only Alois wanted to stay. I mean, I could take care of him alone, but Claude, the parent, was a little weird.

"You asleep yet?" asked Claude as he lay in his sleeping bag.

"I can't," I hummed as I sighed. "Thinking about bills."

"We could just leave," said Claude as he picked up his glasses and put them on.

"I don't want you to leave," I said. "It's just... Awkward."

"Why?" asked Claude.

"I want to make breakfast for you," I said. Well, mainly Alois, but... Guess I'll be cooking for him as well and-

I was then pulled into a hug.

"Wha?" I asked.

"You're amazingly cute right now," said Claude.

"Isn't that weird to say to a man?" I asked as I rose an eyebrow.

Claude sighed. "You're right. I'm sorry for making this whole thing even more awkward than it has to be."

"It's okay," I said as I looked away. "If it makes you feel better, I didn't not like it..."

I felt my face heat up. 'Why do I keep digging myself a deeper hole with these people?'

"That's a start..."

I waited a few minutes before sitting up. "What do you mean by that?"

All I received in return was soft snores.

"Guess I'll ask in the morning," I muttered to myself.

***

I woke up before Claude and began to make breakfast for myself and the boys. ... I sounded like my mother... Whatever.

As I put my apron on, Alois came rushing into the kitchen.

"I want to help!" he cheered as rose his hand up excitedly.

I chuckled. "Sure, go grab some a silver pan out of that cabinet for me."

Alois looked over to where my finger was pointing and nodded. He skipped over and looked inside. "Wa! There's so many! Which one, Ka-san?"

"The flattest one. I'm making bacon," I said. "Neither of you two are vegetarians, right?"

"Nope!" cheered Alois. "Clauddy would die without meat in his system."

"I bet," I said as I grinned. "Do you prefer sunny side up, scrambled or boiled?"

Alois put his finger on his mouth. "I've never really thought about it... But, I would really like some boiled egg please!"

I pat Alois on his head and nodded.

Alois set the pan on the counter and I began preparing the dish with the occasional help of my taste tester and sous-chef Alois.

***

"Good morning!" exclaimed Alois as Claude walked into the kitchen.

"Please tell me that you're crafting poison," said Claude.

"No, why?" I asked as I rose an eyebrow.

"Because I want to die," said Claude as he deflated on the dining table.

"You and me both bud," I said as I smiled. "But, I guess that's not the right response."

I took a deep breath. "What's wrong, Claude?"

An irk mark appeared on Claude's head as he sighed. "For your information, work just called and they want me to come in today. It's my day off."

"What kind of job is that bull-crap?" I questioned as I censored myself to protect Alois' innocent ears.

"Being a lawyer," huffed Claude.

"Of course you're a lawyer," I said as I rolled my eyes. "I really should have expected that from your personality and all."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Oh! That's right! You muttered something like 'that's a start'? What was that supposed to mean?" I countered.

Claude snatched a boiled egg and strip of bacon. He then walked briskly out of the room. "Goodbye. See you when I get home, Alois."

"Wait, you can't just leave! You didn't even ask me if I could take care of Alois, jerk!"

By the time I finished my statement, Claude was already gone.

"I'm sorry for Clauddy, Ka-san," said Alois. I didn't hear, but after that statement came a quick. "Does the many not know how to flirt or what."

"It's alright Alois," I said. "I'm sure he'll explain later."