Blue Skies.

They appeared in the outskirts of Konoha. Naruto barely managed to cover the chakra flux that was caused by the seal, but it was obvious his chakra reserves were beginning to get low. Stumbling, he barely managed to catch himself from falling over from exhaustion. Leaning against a nearby tree, the Rokudaime took deep breaths, eyes subconsciously scanning the area.

          "'Ruto... You did it... We're back... 'Ruto, we're really back!" Sakura flung herself at at the blonde, tears spilling down her cheeks. He managed a weak, disbelieving laugh as he caught her, clinging to his best friend.

          "I know, I know... But, we need to contact Sarutobi soon. We can't afford being discovered as we are now." He muttered, already devising a plan. His lips pulled into a thoughtful frown as he began to think about how to go about this delicate situation.

           They would have to contact the Third Hokage to explain the situation. Both had plenty of undeniable proof that they were from a future that would never again happen. So that wouldn't be an issue, but actually getting to the Hokage would.

          "We'll have to use henges to actually get in. I know some weak points in the anbu shifts." The blonde muttered as he stepped away from Sakura, his face paling under the layer of diet and blood. But they had to make a move soon.

          "Genjutsu would be better. Less detectable and you need to preserve whatever chakra you have left." Naruto nodded in agreement, letting her cast a genjutsu over the both of them. Any recognizable features melted into bland ones that were much more common for civilians to be born with.

          Soon they headed north, taking to the  trees to speed up the travel time and avoid being seen. Getting past the post guards was relatively easily but when the disguised blonde and his best friend reached the town center, the Hokage tower in sight, things got a little more trickier.

          It was midday, so the guards would start to slowly thin out before finally switching. The third always kept his window open so that was the obvious way in. But they had to be careful. As soon as they entered the anbu would be on them in mere seconds.

          "Alright 'Kura, follow my lead." Naruto instructed under his breath before flash stepping into the Hokages office, Sakura at his heels.

          Seeing the Third, alive and well, was a shock to both of them. It made the disguised blonde's chest ache to see his grandfather like figure again, but neither let their emotionless masks slip as anbu appeared. The Rokudaime held his hands up in a peaceful gesture and spoke.

          "Hokage-sama. If you would allow it, my partner and I would like to speak to you in private." In response an eyebrow raise, but no answer. Knowing it might've come to this, the blonde carefully reached into his pocket, making all the anbu tense instantly.

          Naruto slowly pulled out Tsunade's necklace, holding it up for the Third to see,"It's a message from a old slug who's on a losing streak."

           Sarutobi stared the two down from under his hat. The two were under a genjutsu, that much was obvious. Buy the man had Tsunade's necklace, which he couldn't have gotten without a fight.

          Leaning forwards he nodded,"Dismissed." The Third waved his hand, waiting until his anbu disappeared before putting up a privacy jutsu.

          Once safe, Sakura released the henge to reveal their real forms. Sakura herself was a few heads shorter than her Hokage. Her pink hair was cut short, eyes a few shaders darker than they had once been. Her stance was strong, back straight even with how wounded and exhausted she was. The young pinket reminded the older man distinctly of his only female student.

          But when Sarutobi turned his attention to the young man he couldn't but gasp,"Minato?"

          True to the Third's surprised words, Naruto was almost a spitting image of his father, but only at first glance.

           Though as Sarutobi gazed at the blonde longer, he realized distinct differences. The male in front of him had a much more agile looking form, shoulders not as broad as Minato's had been. His facial structure was much sharper, eyes more slanted. Not to mention the deep, scar like whisker marks on each cheek and long hair that was tied back.

          "Close. His son." Naruto broke the tense silence as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other.

            "How? Minato wasn't much older than you when he..." Naruto exchanged glances with his friend, a solemn agreement passing silently between them.

          "We're from the future. A future that we've come back to make sure doesn't happen."