Chapter seven

I can't win, I can't reign
I will never win this game
Without you, without you
I am lost, I am vain
I will never be the same
Without you, without you

I won't run, I won't fly
I will never make it by
Without you, without you
I can't rest, I can't fight
All I need is you and I
Without you, without you

**No POV**

"Jesus spence you scared the crap out of me." Emily says, grabbing her chest trying to steady her breathing and heart rate.

"I should say the same thing. I come here most morning and do just about what you're doing. Helps me start the day." Spencer says calmly and sips her coffee. She walks over and sits next to Emily.

"You didn't answer my question. Couldn't sleep?" Spencer says and leans back on the swing causing it the move.

"No I had a weird dream.. Or nightmare? I don't know. But I seen it wasn't that early so I decided to watch the sun set." Emily says and gestures to the sky above.

The girls looked at the sky in the distance a couple of minutes. Watch how the black sky turned into a warm orange, colours merging together to create something beautiful. Orange turned to purple, then to a nice blue. The skin layering itself to create something so breath taking yet so damn simple.

"How are you liking it here?" Spencer asks quietly.

"It's amazing. Everything about it really is." Emily says. She thinks about everything. Her family, her friends, her new home, her school. Everything really feels warm for her.

"That's good to hear. I'm glad you're enjoying it." Spencer whispers and checks her phone.

"It's 6:45am, we could probably get ready now." Spencer offers and looks over at a peaceful Emily.

"Just a few more minutes." Emily says and takes a deep breath.

--

Emily was now in English. Day dreaming and not giving a fuck about what mr fitz was talking about. Well that is until her mentioned her name.

"Emily, Alison and Spencer. Aria Hanna and Mona. Noel, Ben and Sidney." He kept going on but Emily was searching the room for the two girls she had been paired up with. She sees Spencer and Alison looking at her smiling from across the room.

She would be sitting with them if Mr Fitz didn't have a seating plan. But at least she has Aria.

"I'm so excited for this project. What book are you going to do?" Aria asks Emily. Emily refocuses to Aria.

"Haven't decided yet, I'm sure Spencer will since she's read every fricken book out there." Emily jokes and the two laugh. Knowing its half true.

Emily steals another glance at Alison as she remembers her dream last night. Why would she have that dream? It was so odd but it seemed so right.

Emily hated liking straight girls. Yes she had before, and it sucks. Well, she hated linking anyone at all, she didn't like the rejection and the pain that came with it, but with a straight girl, you are guaranteed that. At least you have some chance with a gay girl.

Once lunch rolled around the girls all sat at their usual table, plus Emily. The girls were talking about all the "gossip" like who kissed who and what's going on in someone's life. Emily couldn't be less interested in talking about a complete stranger behind their back.

"Hi Alison!" A tiny brunette girl said as she approached the table. Emily wasn't going to lie, she was a nerd, but she seemed really sweet. Mona was in a few of Emilys classes so she recognized her.

"If you ignore it, it will go away." Alison says in a sinister voice. Emily is absolutely taken back by the blonde in front of her as the girl slowly walks away disappointed and embarrassed.

"Alison!!" Emily says and everyone at the table looks at her wide eyed. Even Emily was surprised she had a voice.

"What I was just kidding. Get a sense of humour." Alison snaps and this time Emily goes wide eyed. Why would she talk to Emily like that? She was just sticking up for the poor girl.

"Well i don't think it's very funny and I'm sure she didn't. I'm going to go see if she's okay." Emily say, stands up with her tray and goes and sits with Mona. Emily catches a glimpse of the girls and all of their jaws are dropped. Emily couldn't care less though.

"Hey Mona, sorry about that. Alison is a little rude today." Emily says and Mona smiles at her in appreciation.

"It's Alright, she does it to everyone." Mona says and takes a bite of food.

"Well is it alright if I sit with you for the rest of lunch?" Emily asks politely.

"That would be so great! You're always welcome to sit with me." Mona says and the two girls smile at eachother.

**Alisons POV**

How dare she have the nerve to talk back to me? She's so quiet all the time it scared the hell out of me when she stood up for someone like that. No one stands up to me.

"What the hell was that?" I ask the girls once Emily walks away.

"That girl sure has some balls." Hanna murmurs.

"Shut up Hanna." I yell at her.

"I'll see you guys later." I stand up, not bothering with my tray and walk out of the cafeteria.

I dial the first person I think of.

"Cece hey are you busy?"

--

"Wow that girl does have some balls." Cece says after I told her the story.

"Not funny. I mean how could she stand up to me? Talk back to me? All for loser mona" I ask.

"I don't know but I kinda like this girl. Sounds like fun. Why are you friends with her anyway?" Cece asks as she parks and turns towards me.

"She's Spencer's cousin. She was really sweet at first. She even cried to me okay." I say frustrated. Here I am think she's a lost puppy but damn she can bark.

"Why did she cry to you?" Cece asks confused.

"She was upset about leaving her parents because they won't accept her." I reply bored. Why does this have to do with anything.

"She's gay?! Ali that's it! Just use that to get back at her." Cece says excitedly.

How on earth could she possibly think that way? That's twisted and horrible. But it just might work?

"I don't know Ce, that's pretty damn cruel."

"Is that not your middle name?" She jokes and I slap her arm.

"Let's just change the subject. I'll think of something later."

A/n

Yes, next chapter is Emily and Lauren's meeting. I forgot to update because it turns out I have fucking lice like what the fuck just fuck ew no bye. When I found out I literally puked. But now I've had treatment and I get to stay home. Yay me!! More like fuck me in the ass id rather go to school than have lice.

Vote, comment and review!!

-Kb