Chapter 3

Kaelin's POV:

Being jolted out of my glorious slumber, I quietly groaned. I was being lifted off the ground and onto someones body. "Go back to sleep, love." His voice was extremely subduing, so subduing that it almost put me back to sleep.

Shaking myself off, I desperately tried to stay awake. My eyes were slightly opened, just enough to make out faint figures. I took note of the people walking behind us, and I yawned. There was a cold wind that swooshed around us, and I violently shivered. I tried to move my hands to warm myself up, but I was still extremely exhausted from the killing of my shadow.

My poor Navaeh! I really hate it when she gets hurt, as she's my sister, my daughter, and my best friend. Shivering again, I went to drastic measures. Turning my head towards Loki's face, I buried my face into his neck, gently breathing on it. His grip tightened around my waist, and one of his hands moved and gently rested on my head. "Are you cold, my dear?" I weakly nodded into his neck, and he skidded to a halt.

"You." He pointed to a young man, "Give me your jacket." He snapped at the male, and he obediently shed his jacket. "No no no!" I lifted my head from his neck, declining the jacket. "I don't want him to get cold!!" I exclaimed, "I'll just stay cold, it's fine!" I looked into Loki's eyes, and they stayed firm.

"Darling, put your head down." He gently pushed my head back to his neck, and I felt the warm embrace of the jacket around my back. "No!" I cried, trying to push the jacket off. "Stop." He hissed, making me tense up. I froze against his body, and he tightened the jacket around me. "Just lay back down." I gave in, laying back down. My teeth chattered, as I closed my eyes to try and sleep.

"Are you still cold?" He asked me, and I shook my head. "N-no." I shivered, and he chuckled lightly. "We'll be in warmth soon, dear."  I opened my eyes again, moving my head to his shoulder. I watched Clint walking beside Loki, his quiver casually laying on his back. Closing my eyes, I relaxed into his body.

Almost asleep, I was startled by Loki's voice growling "Kill him." Lifting my head, I watched as Clint drew his arrow, and shot the driver in his chest. I assume we needed this humongous 18-wheeler to travel around.

Silently gasping, I gained enough energy to jump out of Loki's arms. I pushed out of his warm embrace, and was greeted by the nippiness of the cold air. Taking a deep breath, I got a surge of energy from the adrenaline  "KAELIN!" Loki bellowed behind me, and I tiredly stumbled over to where the limp body of the driver lay.

"Stay with me!" I cried, pressing my hands to the bloody wound. Desperately trying to keep him alive, I summoned my healing powers. Golden light was created by my hands, and I pressed hard against his chest. He was shaking violently, quaking around as I tried to heal him. "Come on!!" I screamed, and the golden light finally burst from my hands into his chest.

He wound immediately closed, and the arrow lifted from his chest. He stopped shaking, and he lay still while I was on top of him. I felt myself being yanked back by an enraged Loki. I struggled back to my feet, and pulled the guy up with my hands. "Run!!" I choked out,and he  panicked as he ran into the woods. Feeling Loki's arms pull me up to his body, I laid limp on his chest. "Kaelin!" He exclaimed angrily, and I flinched. I dropped to the ground, and landed on my feet. Looking up into his eyes, I noticed the anger.

"I couldn't let you kill him." I whimpered, and the anger in his eyes diminished, as he sighed lightly. "I know." He mumbled, and I took a deep breath. A wave of intense fatigue crashed into my chest, and I quickly grabbed onto Loki's shoulder to keep myself from falling. "Are you feeling alright, love?" His voice was raw, and I nodded. "R-really... really t-tired." I muttered, gripping his shoulders. Sucking in a sharp breath, I let go of his shoulder and prepared to support myself.

Instead of me plummeting to the ground, like I expected, Loki's arms landed on my waist, steadying me. He picked me back up into his arms, and I let out the breath I didn't even know I was holding in. I tensed up, as his arms wrapped the jacket back around my body. He stood in place until I was fully relaxed in his arms, and my face was back against his neck.

"Open up the car, and set up the tesseract." He hissed at the people that were following him.  I closed my eyes, keeping my breath steady against his neck. I heard the back of the truck open, but I was too tired to lift my head from the warmth of his neck. I felt him start to walk towards the truck, and I felt him step up and into the truck. Feeling myself starting to fall unconscious, from the fatigue of using my powers (and that was exceptionally bad because my shadow had been hurt), I felt Loki fall to the ground, and press his back against the wall of the truck.

"Go to sleep, Kaelin." He whispered in my ear, and I almost immediately lost consciousness.