Chapter 1

My name is Tris Pedrad. I have an older brother named Zeke, he is 2 years older, and a twin brother named Uriah. I am currently 14 years old and am part of the Dauntless faction. My mom Hazel tries to raise us all since our Dad died when I was 2.

Anyways, today is Zeke's choosing ceremony. I can tell that he is nervous. I get up and get dressed. I put on a black tank top with cool straps in the back, black leggings, and my favorite pair of combat boots. I go into the Kitchen. My Mom hands me a muffin. I sit down across from her and eat it.

I hear stomping coming down the hallway. I turn and see Zeke and Uriah running down the hallway pushing each other. I roll my eyes at them and finish my muffin. I grab two muffins from the counter and chuck them at Zeke and Uriah. They catch them and look at me. I just smile. They start running towards the door and I run after them.

"Bye mom!" I yell as I go out the door. We sprint towards the train. We get there it's just pulling up. We run along the side and jump in. Zeke and I land fine but Uri has some troubles.

"Still don't got the hang of it little brother?" Zeke says. Uriah sticks his tongue out at him. I roll my eyes at them and go sit against the wall of the train. They both come and sit on either side of me.

Did I mention how protective they are? If a guy even talks to me they jump to my rescue. They don't realize, I'm not some princess that needs saving. I can fend for myself! Well, mostly. That was kind of random.

We get to the hub where the choosing ceremony is and jump off the train. The three of us all land on our feet. We follow the giant group of Dauntless running toward the building. We all run inside and up the 2 flights of stairs to the choosing ceremony. We sit with all the dauntless and wait for the ceremony to start. A leader from Amity gives the speech. They call up a bunch of names before they get to Zeke.

"Ezekiel Pedrad." The woman says. Uriah and I try not to laugh as he walks by us. He walks up to the 5 bowls. The woman hands him the knife. He cuts across his hand easily. I notice he slightly hesitates before putting his hand over the Dauntless bowl.

All the Dauntless cheer as he wraps his hand and walks back to his seat. They call a bunch more names and I zone out. I'm completely zoned out until I hear a collective gasp. I look up and an Abnegation walks and sits in the Dauntless section. Wait, what?

Zeke P.O.V

When we get to the platform for the train I walk over to the Abnegation transfer.

"You alright?" I ask him. He looks at me and nods, then turns away. I shrug and walk back over with Shauna. When the train arrives we jump on and ride to Dauntless. When we get there people jump off. It feels earlier then I remember but, oh well. When we jump off we are on the roof of some building.

"Initiates!" I hear Max yell. "Welcome to Dauntless. To enter you must jump." He says and motions to a gap between two buildings. "Well, who's first?" 

Some Dauntless guy walks up and looks down hesitantly. He shrugs and jumps down. I end up jumping 4th. When everyone has jumped we split off between transfers and Dauntless-born. We go to the dorm and hang out.

Tris P.O.V

We get back to our apartment and Mom is sitting on the couch, reading. Uriah and I both look sad and sit next to her.

"Well?" She says. Uriah shakes his head and she sighs. We sit for about 30 seconds before I burst out laughing and Uriah starts too.

"Oh you two. Go to your rooms it's late. I go to my room and see it's only 7'o clock. I lay on my bed and read for a while before I fall asleep.