Chapter 4

Uriah P.O.V

Why wouldn't Tris tell me she was seeing a boy? I would be completely supportive of her after I did a complete background on him and had an extreme interview with him.

I'm walking back to our apartment and I see Tris going inside. The boy she was with walks away, sadly the opposite direction from me. I was going to chase him, but decide to just talk to Tris about it instead.

Tris is in the kitchen. I go into the room and sit next to her. She looks up at me when I sit down.

"Sup." she says.

"Nothing really. I do have a question for you though." I say. She nods for me to go on.  "Why wouldn't you tell me you were going on a date?!" She looks shocked at first. Then mad.

"Because I knew you'd get like this!"

"Like what?!" We're both yelling at this point.

"All protective! You and Zeke both act like I'm some precious little china doll that needs saving! I'm just as Dauntless as you are, Uriah. Give me some space!" She yells and storms out of the room.

Now it's bad, she used my full name.

Tris P.O.V

"All protective! You and Zeke both act like I'm some precious little china doll that needs saving! I'm just as Dauntless as you are, Uriah. Give me some space!" I yell and storm out of the room.

I run to my room and slam the door. I lay down on my bed. I basically just acted like a 2 year old throwing a temper tantrum but I don't care.

{ time lapse - next day }

I wake up and go to the shower. I walk back to my room and put on black tight leggings and a tight black crop top.

I walk down to breakfast by myself. I get my food and sit down. Brian walks by and I motion for him to sit next to me. He sits down.

"Weren't you worried about you're brothers freaking out?" He asks. I shrug.

"I don't care anymore. It's their problem if they don't like it." I say and he smiles.

We talk and eat our breakfast. Shauna and Marlene come and sit down across from me. Zeke comes a second later and sits next to me.

"Tris who is this?" Shauna asks smiling.

"This is Brian. Brian, these are my friends Shauna and Marlene and this is my older brother Zeke." I introduce everyone. I lean over and whisper in Zeke's ear, "and if you want me to talk to you ever again you'll be approving, unlike Uriah."

"How do I know he's not an axe murderer or something?" Zeke whispers back.

"I'm alive now aren't I?" I ask. I start eating my food. Zeke, apparently seeing my logic in this, shrugs and eats his food. 

After breakfast, I go back to our apartment. I go into my room and lay on my bed. I feel sort of bad for yelling at Uriah last night. He did sort of deserve it though. My thoughts are interrupted when I hear a knock on my door. I sit up and see Uri standing there.

"Could we talk?" he asks.