Chapter 8

Tris P.O.V

Time skip - Tris's aptitude test day

I wake up to two large bodies jumping on me and my bed. I roll over and try to protect my head from getting landed on. They get off the bed and i roll back over and see Zeke and Uriah, of course. I get up and push them out of my room. Today is the big day, I find out if I really do belong where I've been all of my life.

Zeke and Shauna finally admitted to themselves that they like each other. They are now living in an apartment together. Marlene and Uriah haven't gotten there yet, though it's obvious they both like each other. I'm still alone. I haven't dated anyone after Brian, yet I may have a slight crush. I can't do anything though, it's my brothers best friend.

I put on a black tank top, leggings, and my combat boots. I go into the kitchen and Zeke and Uriah are waiting for me. I smile and start running for our daily race to the dining hall. I win, again, and go to get my breakfast. I sit down at a table with Zeke, Shauna, Uriah, Lynn, and Marlene.

"So are you guys nervous?" Shauna asks.

"What could I be nervous about, in obviously Dauntless, and I'll probably be first ranked initiate." Uriah says and we all roll our eyes at him. Even though Uriah seems very confident, I can tell he actually is really doubting himself on the inside.

Once we finish breakfast, Uriah, Lynn, Marlene, and I run to the train together. We get on and ride to school. A couple minutes later we are jumping off and running into the cafeteria where we will wait to have our tests done.

Once everyone is in the cafeteria, they start calling people in groups of six. I'm getting more and more anxious the more I sit here, and I can tell Uriah is too.

After about an hour of waiting, Both Uriah and I are called. We walk up and go into rooms right next to each other. We give each other one last look before we walk in. The door slams shut behind me. The room I'm in has mirrors all over the walls. In the middle is a large chair, with a computer next to it. At the computer is an Abnegation woman. She smiles at me and motions for me to sit in the chair. I slowly go and sit down, still tense.

"My name is Natalie Prior, I will be giving you your test today. I am going to inject you with a serum. The serum will bring you into a simulation. The simulation puts you through different scenarios to decide what faction you belong in. Are you ready?" She asks. I slowly nod my head. She puts the needle into my neck and I flinch.

"You will be in the simulation within the next 60 seconds. Choose wisely." I'm confused by her words, but don't have long to think about them because I am pulled into the simulation.

~~~~~~~~~

I jerk up from the chair and see I am back in the mirror room. I look over and see Natalie's smile is gone and replaced with a serious concerned look.

"So, what's my result?" I ask her.

"The test was, inconclusive."

"What?"

"The simulation didn't work on you. You have an aptitude for Dauntless, Abnegation, and Erudite."

"The test is supposed to tell me what to do, we are supposed to trust the test."

"Your brain works differently, they call it Divergent. It's very dangerous, you can't tell anyone, not your parents, siblings, anyone." Now she's really scaring me.

"So, what do I do?"

"Go out this back door, tell your parents the serum made you sick and you got sent home." She leads me out the door and it closes behind me. I walk to the street and see Uriah not far ahead of me.