Chapter 3

Tris P.O.V

I get home with my new clothes and go into my room. I put the clothes in my closet and look at my clock. Its 5 o clock now. I go back into the kitchen and sit at the table where my mom and Uriah already are.

"You look very happy." my mom says. I shrug and keep smiling.

"Hey Tris, wanna go bug Zeke and the other initiates tonight?" Uriah asks excitedly. Mom is about to shoot him down on that but I do first.

"Sorry, I already have plans for tonight. Speaking of which, I need to get ready." I get up from the table and go to my room. I put on a black dress with 3/4 sleeves and some light makeup. I put on my usual  combat boots which surprisingly look really good. I put my hair into a braid that wraps around my head. I go back into the kitchen and its 5:35.

"Wow, you look nice. What are you so dressed up for?" My mom asks when she sees me. I walk over to her.

"Don't tell the boys but, I have a date." I whisper to her.

"Why should I not tell them?" She whispers back.

"They'll go into crazy protective mode or something." My mom nods when I say this.

"Alright. I'll keep your secret." I thank her and leave the apartment. I walk down toward the cafeteria.

When I get there Brian is waiting outside the cafeteria. He greets me.

"Well you look nice." He says.  I curtsy sarcastically.

"Why thank you." He holds his arm out to me and I take it. He leads me away from the cafeteria and towards the other restaurants.

Uriah P.O.V

I'm walking down to the cafeteria to get some Dauntless cake and some dinner (yum yum). Up ahead I see Tris talking to some guy. Then they hold hands and walk away from the cafeteria.

I've got to follow them.

But the Dauntless cake

I'll get that later. I have to protect Tris.

But I want Dauntless cake

Too bad.

I end my conversation with myself and walk where Tris went.

Tris P.O.V

Brian and I eat at a pretty fancy restaurant. We talk and laugh the whole time. When we are done we take the long way around Dauntless back to my apartment. After a little while of walking we get to my apartment. I stop outside the door.

"Well, this is it. I had a great time." I say to him. He smiles.

"Me too." Then he leans down and kisses me!  I start to kiss back. I pull away and smile up at him.

"Um thanks for tonight." I say and go into my apartment. I run to my room.

That was the best night ever.