Love At Last

Ulquiorra: Of COURSE I'm the bad guy. I'm ALWAYS the bad guy. *rolls eyes*

Szayel: *grins* The story is MUCH better now.

Me: Both of you shush. *exasperated eye roll*

On with the telling of the tale!

-Szayel's POV-

I wake from a fitful sleep and hear sobbing. "Yuki?" I call in the darkness.

"Yes master Szayel?" Yuki replies from the couch.

I hesitate. "Will you please come here?" I ask her.

There's a pause. Does she fear me now? "I'm coming master Szayel." Yuki's voice is barely above a whisper. I hear her feet on the floor. I turn on my lamp.

"Do you have any bruises?" I ask.

"I-I don't know master Szayel. I haven't checked." Yuki tells me.

"May I?" I ask to make sure Yuki isn't uncomfortable.

"Yes master Szayel." Yuki consents.

I slowly walk towards Yuki. "Please don't be alarmed. I won't hurt you." I assure her.

"I know. I trust you master Szayel." Yuki says. That reply breaks my heart. How is she so trusting?

"Would you please take your shirt off?" I ask and Yuki does. She stays still. "Your skin is fine, the marks on your arms and legs should be gone in a couple of days." I tell her.

"Thank you for saving me master Szayel." Yuki says looking at the floor.

"If I didn't keep my girl safe what kind of master would I be?" I tell her. I lift her face to look at me. "May I?" I ask wanting to make sure I'm not violating the trust.

"Yes master Szayel." Yuki blushes and I kiss her. I wrap my arms around her and she returns the kiss.

I break it off. "Yuki there's something I wanted to tell you." I say.

"Yes master Szayel?" Yuki's voice and expression are inquisitive.

"I love you." The confession leaves my lips. What will her reaction be? I wince inside.

Yuki throws her arms around me. "I love you too master Szayel." She shouts. I kiss her again.

"I was afraid your response would be another." Voicing my fear out loud seems irrational.

"Of course not master Szayel. Uhm...may I use the shower?" Yuki asks still red.

I laugh. "Of course." I tell her. I lay back down and close my eyes.

-Yuki's POV-

I wake up in the room I share with Szayel. It's so dark. The events from earlier come rushing back and I can't help crying.

There's a rustle and I hear master Szayel's voice. "Yuki?" It reaches through the darkeness.

"Yes master Szayel?" It takes me a second to reply and choke back the tears.

There's a pause. "Will you please come here?" Is he mad at me? Damn it he saw me cry again...fuck. I go to him. "Do you have any bruises?" Szayel asks.

"I-I don't know master Szayel. I haven't checked." I confess.

"May I?" He asks.

"Yes master Szayel." I give him my permission.

Szayel slowly comes towards me. "Please don't be alarmed, I won't hurt you." He says.

"I know master Szayel." I assure him. Strangely...I feel safe.

"Would you please take your shirt off?" Szayel requests. I take it off and keep still. He puts his hand on my collar bone and I feel a chill. "Your skin is fine, the marks on your legs and arms should be gone in a couple of days." Szayel says.

"Thank you for saving me master Szayel." I say.

"If I didn't keep my girl safe what kind of master would master would I be?" Szayel says, hus voice enchanting. He makes me meet his gaze. "May I?" He asks

"Yes master Szayel." I blush as Szayel kisses me.

He stops. "Yuki there's something I wanted to tell you." Szayel tells me.

"Yes master Szayel?" I ask a bit puzzled. I'm confused and I know he can see it on my face.

"I love you." Szayel breathes. The words knock my breath out like a sucker punch to the gut.

I throw myself at him. "I love you too master Szayel." I say with glee. Szayel kisses me again.

"I was afraid your response would be another." He says. I look at him. How could I hurt him? It would be impossible.

"Of course not master Szayel. Uhm...may I use the shower?" I ask. I remember I haven't showered and I feel extremely dirty.

Szayel laughs. "Of course." He says laying back down and closing his eyes as I walk away. I spend a long time in the shower. The warm water feels good after all that happened.