The Hunter Lifts Off

December 17th, 2016

"The chopper has arrived"

said Kamal to Rakesh after entering the room where Rakesh was sitting on a couch tying up his shoelace. He was getting ready to leave.
Rakesh picked up his bag which was lying beside him and walked out of the room along with Kamal.
There was a "Hunter 213 Copter" waiting to pick him up and the base commander Kiran Kumar was standing along with other soldiers to send him off. Rakesh looked at him with a thankful face.
John who was along with him asked

"Sir, Are we gonna fly in that thing? It looks amazing. I never got into a helicopter before."

Rakesh smiled slightly, walking to the chopper along with John. 

" I got to know everything, Rakesh "

said Mr Kiran Kumar as they both came past him.

" I talked with Suresh last night on the phone.

He told me everything.
Everything about you, this place, that border and all those battles you're into."

he told, pointing at the surroundings.

Rakesh was quite astonished with those sudden gestures by his dad's friend.

"You're right Uncle Kiran.
I'm fighting the the toughest of my battles right now. I need your blessings for winning them"

said Rakesh touching the commander's feet.

Kiran lifted him up, embraced him saying

"You're too strong to be defeated, Son. Now go save your friend and get those bastards."

John who was standing beside Rakesh was confused with that. He had no idea what they were talking about.

The chopper's engine turned on, propeller rotated.
Rakesh, John and either BSF jawans armed with AK 56 and other melees, weapon gear as security for them issued by the base commander.

"Thanks for the copter and the cops, Uncle Kiran..."

shouted Rakesh as the Hunter flew up high in the air and disappeared into the cloudy sky.

John had absolutely no idea about the situation. He was sitting with two soldiers on his left and two on his right looking terribly at Rakesh who was sitting opposite to and facing him, with the other four soldiers on his either side.

Rakesh observed the weirdness in John's face and asked

"You okay?"

He just sat speechless for a while. Rakesh sat back and closed his eyes for a while when the co - pilot talked in his walkie talkie

" Flight lieutenant DF2 reporting. We're above the terrains of Gurgaon  city. We'll reach the Delhi airport in ETA 15 minutes.
I repeat, we're in Gurgaon, we'll be at the Delhi airport in 15 minutes. Over to the base...."

Rakesh suddenly woke up hearing the word "Gurgaon" as if he had a nightmare.

"You Okay...?"

asked John adding

"...Sir."

posing a sarcastic face though he wasn't keen about the situation.

" I'm not, John. I think I'm not OK. There are just few badly broken memories of mine which started in Gurgaon... "

he said and started narrating his story