Chapter 4

"DAVID WAIT FOR ME!" Logan called to his brother as he followed far behind. David just kept paddling farther out into the surf.

Logan stood there for a few minutes deciding what to do.

Wading out past his knees and up to his waist, Logan looked back to see if his dad was watching him. Seeing that Elias was too busy carrying all of their bags, he continued to follow his selfish brother.

The farther he got out the more he started to relax. The more he started to forget about all the drama and pain his dad caused when he came home.

'Logan is to naive! He can't see that Elias doesn't love us!' David thought with each push of the water.

Sighing he looked toward the horizon and saw the perfect wave approaching where he was currently floating. David prepared his body for the impact of the wave, and the anticipation was getting to him so he once again started paddling out. Finally reaching the wave David was in for an awesome ride. But as he loomed toward the beach he saw a small body bobbing below and above the water. That body wasn't any random kid, it was the one person who David valued the most in life. That little boy had shaggy blonde hair and followed him around every where. The shaggy blonde mess was his little brother, Logan. And at this very moment in time Logan was caught in a large wave and looked like he was drowning. Paddling faster than ever David was attempting to get to his brother. Giving up on the surf board, he jumped off and started swimming as fast as he could. David starting panicking when Logan's head went below the surface of the water and didn't come back up.

Elias Walker was finishing setting up for a relaxing day at the beach with his two sons. The day didn't have a good start because as soon as the boys woke up David has been cold towards his dad. Logan, well he was just a ray of sunshine on a cloudy dad. The kid was bouncing all over the house telling Elias about a bunch of stuff that he had done in the previous months. Looking around Elias noticed that the youngest Walker boy wasn't hanging around his old man like he was earlier. The worrying thought that Logan followed his older brother out into the ocean scared him. The moment Elias noticed that Logan had indeed followed David into the salty water was a really bad thing. Walking closer to the water to get a better look he noticed that Logan was having a really hard time keeping himself above the water. Now terrified because Logan disappeared under the water, Elias rushed into the water to aid his son and noticed that David was already attempting to swim back to shore with a limp Logan in his arms. Finally reaching the boys, Elias grabbed Logan out of his arms and rushed back to shore yelling for assistance.

"HELP SOMEONE HELP ME!" Elias began to start CPR on logans small chest.

Grabbing the attention of a young life guard, she asked running over,

"What happened?"

"My son, he was drowning out past the sand bar! Please help him!" Elias explained while moving over for the life guard to do her job. Looking over his shoulder he noticed David standing there with fear and guilt etched on his face.

Elias whipped back around when he heard coughing coming from Logan's body.

"Your okay Logan, your going to be okay." Elias reassured as he rubbed logans upper back in small circles. Not looking away for Logan, Elias called over his shoulder.
"David why don't you go start packing up all of our stuff so we can head home."

"Whatever" was the replied that he was greeted with.

Finally getting back to their house and carrying in a sleeping Logan and putting him in his and David room. Elias came back it into the living room looking for David.

"What were you thinking about having your brother going out that far but himself?!"

"I didn't know that he was following me! I'm not his parent, so I wasn't watching him." David defended.

"Your right! Your not his parent but you are his older brother so you do have you watch him!"

"It was his fault that he started drowning in the first place so don't blame me for your mistake!" David retorted towards his father and walked out of the room and into the basement.

Signing, Elias say down on the couch and stated thinking about where he went wrong.