Chapter 7

After discovering that Logan was gone Ryan turned around started sprinting back to the mansion. The adults would be able to find him. They had to.
Running up the back stairs Ryan began frantically looking for David.

"Hesh can I talk to you?" David noticed his younger cousins appearance. Shoes caked in mud. Dress pants had a small hole near the left knee. He was panting. Like he just ran four miles.

"Yeah.. what's up?"
"Me and Logan were exploring the woods behind the house when we saw this bridge. We wanted to see what was in the other side when the wind started blowing really hard. Then all of a sudden Logan fell into the water and now I can't find him. You have to help me find him!"
At this point all David could do was stare at him. It took a moment before the reality of the situation took place. His baby brother was missing. Springing into action David grabbed his cousins hand and dragged him to his Grandfather.

"Grandpa we need to talk to you! It's an emergency!"
Their Grandfather turned and looked at them. Confused as to why both of his grandsons were interrupting his conversation so rudely. Smiling as he excused him self from the conversation, he turned to David.
"What is so important that you had to be rude towards our guest?"

"Logan is missing. He fell into the river and disappeared."

Nicks face paled upon hearing the news from David. This was bad, very very bad. He took a deep breathe before continuing.
"When did this happen?"

"Ryan just told me about it."

"Ok. You said he fell into the river?" David and Ryan both gave a nod. " we will need to call the police."
Walking away Nick grabbed out his phone and proceeded to call 911.

"911 what is your emergency?"
"I need assistance at 9068 Wilmer Way. My Grandson fell into the river and now we cannot find him."
"Okay sir what is your name."
"My name is Nick Watson. My grandson is named Logan Walker."
"Okay Mr Watson, I have police heading your way. Do you know do your Grandson can swim?"
"Yes he is capable of handling him self in the water. I'm worried because the current has been strong these last few days."
"Okay sir just stay calm. Help is on the way."

As the call for help was placed David began searching for his brother.
"Take me to where you last saw him."
"It was over at the rope bridge, near the hunting shack."
At least now there was a starting point. He could have only gone one way from there. Once they got to the area David looked for any clue that could tell him his brother was still alive. Getting frustrated with not being able to see anything from that high up, David decide to figure out a way down.
"I'm gonna try and find him from down there. When the adults come with help tell them where I went. Don't and I mean do not try to follow me. Your the reason he's in this mess anyways."

David stormed off in search of his brother. Hopefully he can find him soon. A storm is coming and he doesn't want to be close to the river when it begins to rise.
The longer he search the more panicked he became. What if he never finds Logan? He will be the last Walker to carry on the name.
———————————————————————————
'I need to get out of this water. I try and try but the current is to strong.' Logan thought as he struggled to stay above the surface. He has been fighting this current for what felt like years. Wager forced its way through his nose and down his throat. Logs considered giving up, and letting the water take his life. Until he noticed a large branch they was hanging close to the waters surface. As he got closer Logan reached as far as he could for this branch. Finally getting a hand on the log he began to try and pull him self to safety. The movies made it look easy, but this. This is a very hard task.
His muscles burned. His fingers hurt. The clothes he wore were holding him down. But he had to keep fighting.
Eventually he made it to shore alive. The only problem now was how in the hell was he gonna get back to his family? He has no idea where he is. No clue on how to get back home. So now it became about survival. Deciding that his best option to get home was to follow the river. Logan collected him self for a moment then began walking along the river back the way he came. Or so he thought. He came to a fork in the river. Not know which way he came from he decided that he should travel along the stream that was to his left. Not wanting to waste any more day light he started walking again.

The sun has began to set and was still somewhere in the woods. Which meant he wasn't going to be finding his home today anytime soon. Hungry, tired, and scared Logan decided to make camp for the night. Lucky for him he remembered how to create a fire by using sticks and some dry grass. Collecting all his needed material he began to get to work. The faster he got a fire going, the faster he can get warm again.
'This is gonna be a long night.' And with that he tried to get some sleep.
———————————————————————————
Nine hours. It's been nine hours since his brother fell into the river.
Nine hours of search parties.
Nine hours of nothing discovered.
David began to believe that his brother is dead somewhere. He couldn't protect his baby brother like he promised his mom he would. He failed her. And he failed Logan.

"David why don't you come and eat something?"

"I'll eat when I find my brother." Whipping around David didn't mean to snap at Nani. She was only trying to help him.

"Ok. I'll let you be then. Just know they are looking as much as they can. It's about to be dark. When it gets dark it'll be harder to find him."
Dave just continued to ignore her. He didn't care what everyone thought. He only wanted his brother back. Shooting up from his seat David set out with one thing in mind. Maybe he can get Ryan to remember the smallest detail about what happened. Maybe this detail can be what help find Logan.
Finding his cousin in the living room he began to question him.
"What was the last thing you remember about seeing Logan?"
"He hit the water and then disappeared. I already told you, the police, and Grandmas and Grandpa the same thing! I don't remember anything else!"
"Well do you remember seeing him go under water?! Do you know if he hit his head? Got caught on something?!" With each  word David's voice began to rise. He got to the point where he was screaming at his younger cousin. Ryan looked at David and burst into tears. The poor kid couldn't remember anything else about what happened to his cousin. Maybe David was right. This was all his fault. If they would t have gone into the woods then Logan would still be here.

The stare down between the two cousins was interrupted when they heard a commotion outside. Running down the back deck stairs David managed to see a police officer pick up something. It was a shoe. Logan's shoe! This is a good clue right? It means they are or were close to finding him!
Overwhelmed with hope David ran outside.
"That's his shoe! Where did you find it?!"
"It was down a little ways in the river. We found it stuck in some mud near the breakaway. I have officers searching both canals of the river."
A few moments later the officers radio broke through with static.
"Cap' we found him. He was curled up under some trees with a fire going. The kids alive. Pretty messed up but still alive."

Everyone was able to sigh in relief. After scouring the woods for hours. They finally managed to find Logan. He was finally safe after all this time. It only took them twelve hours to find him.
——————————————————————————
David was siting on the front steps waiting for the moment Logan walked the driveway. His wish came true moments later when he saw Logan walking towards him. He jumped up off the steps and ran towards his brother. As they met David grabbed Logan and held him tight.
"Promise me that you won't do anything that stupid again."
"I promise."

And just like that the Walker brothers were reunited.

All is good.... for now at least.

———————————————————————————
Thanks for reading! Be sure to leave a comment and a vote!!
See you next chapter!