Chapter 1: What are you doing with my sister Green?

"Maddie can you babysit for the Merricks' today?" My stepmum asks.

"Sure, what time?" I ask her, I don't feel like getting in an argument with her this early in the morning.

"About 5 till 11, they'll also need you to make dinner." She says and I nod, this is normal, I think? They are usually home by 10 latest, weird.

"I better get going I have an assignment due, and I have to pick up Jen." I say and she nods in agreement. I pick both of our empty plates up and put them in the kitchen and then the dishwasher. I grab my lunch and my bag off the kitchen counter along with my bag and my keys. First on the list for today, pick up Jen, second, get her to help me finish my algebra assignment seeing as she lives the class. I run outside and get in my car, my mini cooper. I got it with all the money I saved for up for 7 years and a quarter from my stepmum and a quarter from my grandparents and my brother. I miss them, I only see them once or twice a year and it kills me. I sigh as I drive away from my house and to Jen's, she lived close so it only took a couple of minutes to get there. I honk the horn twice signalling I'm there, I wait, and when the wait is over it is worth it. I watch as my best friend runs out of her house her hair everywhere, her breakfast in her mouth, her shoelaces untied and her bag unzipped. Jen and I are polar opposites, I am OCD and she is disorder in human form.

"Jen get in the bloody car, my patience is running thin!" I warn as she struggles to open the car door.

"Calm it red! Your patience is always running thin." She reminds me and I nod in agreement.

"You know me so well!" I say as she sits down next to me and puts her bag behind us.

"I have a deal for you." She says and I nod, urging her to go on.

"I'll help you with your algebra, if you help me with my forensics." She says and I nod.

"Deal." I say and she sighs in relief, she uses the bluetooth to play 'Girlfriend' by Avril Lavigne from her phone. I cringe as she sings the perfect song of beat and off tune. Yes, I am the definition of OCD. I sigh, oh well. I glance over at my best friend, today she's wearing a white lace crop top, high waisted jeans and white chunky sandals, it looks amazing her because she is perfectly tanned. Today she's also wearing a little make up, white eyeshadow and black eyeliner, it looks so cool! Her hair is pulled back into a half up half down pony tail, her hair is ombre brown to blonde at the bottom. Then you look at me, I am wearing a black lace crop top and scruffy boyfriend jeans (they are my best friend), then a red long cardigan, I am also wearing my matt black doc martens. I have my mane pulled into a pony tail, I just have a little mascara on and some clear shiny lip gloss on , I love the way the lip gloss makes my emerald eyes stand out, I think it looks kinda cool. It's hard to find something that makes my Irish side look good, so today I think I did a pretty good job!

"What's the reason for looking good today?" She asks and I roll my eyes.

"Rude much?" I say and she laughs, she is still getting used to my accent, it's been 6 years and she is still not used to it! 

"Hun you always look good! But seriously, why especially today?" She asks and I smile.

"Thank you, and I don't know, I just feel something important is going to happen today. It's normal though, school then work then babysitting. The only weird thing is that today babysitting ends at 11 when it usually finishes at 10. Weird." I say and she nods.

"Well at least you have a calm day! Bryan said he has something he wants to ask me today, you know how the formal is in three weeks, maybe he wants to ask me, you know how he likes to be organised!" She says and I nod, Bryan is almost as OCD as me. Everything has be to be calculated to the second and he is organised AF. Bryan and Jen got together because I saw them looking at each other and blushing, so I told Jen I needed help with something in a dance class, I told Bryan that I left something there and so they both went after school. I locked the door and left them for an hour, when I came back they were making out, CUTE!!! They both thanked me and have been going strong for nearly 6 months! They have already said the L word, it was adorable!!