Chapter 3: Mummy I'm home!

Maddie's P.O.V

"Mummy I'm home!" Alex says getting up and running to his mum and nearly crushing her with a hug, I smile as his dad walks in.

"Son! I missed you!" He dad says and it's a three way hug, no I feel out of place, um, right. Weird.

"I hope you enjoyed dinner." His mum says, yup she defiantly knew.

"Yeah it was amazing thanks mum!" He says and pulls away looking at me.

"And of course thank you Maddie!" I do a casual two finger salute and walk up to them.

"My pleasure, I'll just be going see as your all home now, oh, Millie's asleep upstairs. She was tired so the best idea is probably not to wake her." I say and her mum nods.

"Of course and thank you Maddie! We'll see you some other time." She says and I nod, I don't think that I'll be babysitting here anytime soon, seeing as big brother bad boy's back. Oh well, just another joy of my life down the drain! I sigh and head out to my car, I get in and drive home.

"Maddie! You're back early." My stepmum calls as she makes herself known when I get inside.

"Yeah, they came back early. Oh and Alex is back." I say and walk up to my room, I'm tired, I have to do my homework though. Poo. My phone is ringing.

"Yello!" I say.

"Hey it's me!" I hear Jen say.

"You still at their house?" She asks.

"No, the parents got home early, why you calling?" I ask her and she sighs dreamily.

"HE ASKED ME!!!" She says and I smile, Bryan asked her to the dance! How sweet.

"How did he do it?" I ask and she sighs again.

"After we went to the beach we were driving back to my house and when I got out of the car he said 'Wait I forgot something' and I asked what it was and he pulled me in and we kissed and we pulled apart he had a bunch of white lilies and asked me to go with him! It was so simple, yet so romantic." She says and I smile.

"While I would love to hear about my two best friends making out, I have to do my homework so good bye." I tell her.

"Oh, wait! I got a call form school, they want us to do tutoring, so we have to be at school early, can you pick me up 30 early?" She asks and I sigh, I honestly don't want to be a tutor. But it does look good on college applications.

"Ok, ok, fine. But that means I have to go to sleep now, so good bye!" I tell her and she sighs.

"Goodbye." She says and I hang up and plonk down on my bed, all thoughts of homework forgotten.

I wake up the next morning and rush to get ready remembering that I have to pick Jen up early today, I  grab my clothes and quickly get changed, I finish up and run down stairs, I grab and apple and my bag and keys and rush out the door.

"Bye!" I yell to my stepmum who probably isn't up yet, I don't wait for a response and get in my car and drive to Jen's. I honk my horn three times! This means emergency, hurry up, GET IN THE DAMN CAR! She gets this and rushes out to get in the car.

"Hurry up!" I tell as she chucks her stuff behind us and I drive us off to school.

"Ok, I'm defiantly tutoring for algebra, what do you think you're doing?" She asks and I from.

"I have no idea? Maybe physics or forensics, or english or-" I start but she cuts me off.

"No, stop, we get it you're smart and you're going to go to a college for smart people. We understand." She says and I smile, I'm not a genius, I suck at most parts of math and half of science, I'm only good at what I like. That is how it is supposed to be I think.