What was he expecting?

Still suffering from the aftermath of the war, Lelouch walked the hallways with limps in his steps. He always wore the expression of someone expecting something to happen whenever he saw Suzaku, or whenever Suzaku found him. He would listen when Suzaku talked and he would walk alongside Suzaku as he listened. When they part ways, Suzaku never failed to notice the look of confusion and sadness on Lelouch's face.

What exactly Lelouch was expecting from him, Suzaku had no idea. He was too afraid to ask, not sure if he really wanted to know the answer.

The doctor told them it was Lelouch's choice if he wanted to speak or remain mute. There was no damage to his vocal cord and his lung was perfectly healthy. No part of his brain was damaged where communication was concerned too. It remained an unexplored secret as to why Lelouch refused to say anything for more than six months after having woken up from his state of comatose.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The 265th day since I woke up in the palace,

Gino was actually quiet today. I think it was because of the picture he found under the sofa in the lounge. Anya was next to him in the picture, void of expression like always. He tried to act like he was happy, but I was a pretty good actor myself too. It was not hard to see through his mask.

Suzaku decided to replace Gino and play chess against me when he was supposed to assist that Lloyd guy in some kind of device check. I couldn't blame him for sneaking off duty for a while or so. Things have been pretty mundane these past few days.

But sad to say today is not the day too. I wish he would just hurry up and decide.

-------------------------------------------------------------