Chapter 17

Mya's POV 

I walked into IHop feeling better than usual and cuter than usual. I had on blue skinny jeans and a stripped blue and white crop top. With timberlands on my feet, a boss necklace around my neck, and my hair in a high tight bun, I was looking good. I spotted Kadeem at a table checking his watch and with a sly smirk plastered on my face I strutted over. When I came in contact he stood up and brushed up his clothes as if I was the president. 

"Glad you could make it"

"Yeah I guess"

"Sit, please" I nodded before sliding into the seat across from him checking out my surroundings. Since it was still morning it was pretty busy but not their usual rush.

"Mya you look great"

"I know"I responded with one of my camera winning smiles and he used his index finger to loosen up his suit and I smiled knowing I was making him nervous.

"Shall we order?"

"Sure" he signalled for the waitress and I recognized her as the same woman who tried to get with Desmond. When she noticed me her smile got bigger and mine managed to shrink. 

"Welcome to IHop, what can I get you two?" She asked handing us our menu's and I took a minute to read them over before handing it back to her.

"Let me get the split decision breakfast with your tropical island twist drink, thanks" she nodded before leaning in closer to Kadeem with her breast still spilling out of her top. 

"Anything for you sir" Kadeem cleared his throat and I rolled my eyes at how he was literally staring her boobs down. 

"Um, i'll take the um... the um... the"

"He'll take the same thanks" like he snapped out of a daze, he quickly nodded before handing her his menu and dismissing her. 

"So hows your family?"

"Fine" it got silent for awhile and suddenly the design on my nails got more interesting by the second.

"Look I won't beat around the bush, Mya I made a huge mistake leaving you and I have been regretting it everyday. "

Everyday since I became a Victoria secret model 

"...So I guess what i'm trying to say is that I want to give us another chance. To be happy" I tried to keep a serious face but I failed miserably and began laughing uncontrolably. He looked hurt but that would not stop my laughing.

"I'm sorry, but you and I? Again. Oh come on how dumb do you really think I am"

"Mya"

"I mean after all you put me through. You kicked me out of the house that I paid for, cheated on me, and then have the nerve to come and ask me to consider us starting over. You must be smoking something" the waitress came back with our drinks and I took a sip of mine enjoying how good it tasted. 

"So there is no chance of us getting back together?"

"There is a better chance of it snowing in Jamaica than us ever getting back together"

"Then what the hell are we doing here then Mya!" He yelled slamming his fist against the table causing the food to jump. 

"I'm only came to hear you apilogize and you have yet to do that"

"Well i'm sorry Mya. Can we move forward now?"

"No but what we can do" I called the waitress over "Is stay away from each other". She handed me a to-go box and I packed up my food ignoring the pleas of my ex. 

"Mya, it doesn't have to end like this"

"Actually it really does." I grabbed my food before heading out, throwing up the peace sign as I left. I entered my car and felt like a weight was just lifted off my shoulders. Ain't that something. I drove around as I thought about my life before pulling up to a gym. I hopped out and grabbed my gym membership card before going inside. Tons of machines were around like treadmills, bikes, stair machine, you name it they had it. I scanned my card before going to my favorite machine.The treadmill. I hopped on and set it for twenty minutes before starting my jog. My feet hit hard against the rubber of the treadmill as Chris Brown sang christmas melodies in my ear. I continued running not letting the thoughts of Desmond cloud my mind. It's just me, myself, and this treadmill. 

***

I pulled into the driveway of my house three hours later, sore as hell and more tired than you could believe. I slid out making sure to lock it and couldn't help but look across the street. Kelly, Desmond and Jazmine were all in the front yard laughing like a big ole happy family, shoot even Jazmine was smiling. I thought about going over there to say hi when I changed my mind. The only thing that would do would be confusing Jazmine. I looked over there one more time before swallowing the huge lump in my throat. I could feel tears starting to build up at the sight and I shook my head before rushing inside. I threw my purse onto the counter before sitting on the couch with my head in my hands. My phone rang and I let it ring out before it rang again. I answered it not cecking the ID.

"Hello"

"Mya"

"Hey ma, what's up?"

"I miss you babygirl, when are you coming to visit again?" I was right about to tell her my schedule was kind of busy but then heard Kelly's obnoxious giggling through the door.

"You know what, I'm going to book a flight now"

"Really?"

"Yup" I grabbed my laptop as my mom told me all the things we could do once I got there. I put her on hold and called my pilot and let him know to be ready in the next hour before hanging up and going back to my conversation with my mother. 

"Ma, I should be there by six"

"Really, oh my gosh Destiny is going to be so excited"

"Don't tell her, I want to surprise her"

"Alright well i'll go clean out the guest bedroom" 

"Nope. Mom we agreed the next time I come i'm staying in a hotel"

"Mya, why would you go pay all that money when there is a perfectly good bed in this house?"

"I am not trying to be anywhere near where you and Bruce had sex, much less rest my head on" She mumbled something about me not wanting to sit on the couch or put my food on the table and I nearly threw up. "Bye mom!"

"Bye honey" she yelled before I hung up and held the phone close to my chest. This was exactly what I needed.