Emily...

hey guys, this
story is about a ghost girl, it does go to modern day on the next page, please vote + comment if you like it and i'll return the favour x

Prologue: 1902

Holding her breath, she walked down the hall. Her emerald eyes flickering side to side. Her footsteps were the only sound to be heard in the dead of night, and the candle in her delicate little hands was the only way to search for her mother's bedroom chamber.

When the young girl found the door she pushed it open carefully and slipped inside, being careful not to make too much noise. Her mother stirred before opening her eyes.

"What is it darling?" the girl's mother asked as she swung her legs round and sat on the edge of her bed. "Sit down" the mother smiled and patted the space next to her.

The girl sat down and switched the candle to the other hand. A drip of hot wax slid down and landed on her finger.

"I had a nightmare mama, father was in it."

"I am sure everything is okay, he will be back from his travels next week. He is a very busy man, all so we can afford this lovely big house."

"I don't like it, this house. I feel as if it's cursed." The girl whispered

"Nonsense child." Her mother laughed as she fiddled with a soft blond strand of her daughter's hair."

As the mother spoke the candle blew out, their only source of light gone, leaving them in pure darkness. The young girl gripped to her mother and closed her eyes. She hated the dark.

"It's okay, I am here." Her mother reassured.

Suddenly a repetitious tune came from down the hall, the sound of music playing, echoing off the walls of the house, the three single notes bouncing off the dusty wooden floorboards. Quietly at first yet getting louder and louder."

"What's that" The girl asked gripping her mother tighter. Her breath getting heavier.

"I'll go and see, you just stay here, you're safe." The mother whispered "I will come back for you, I promise"

The words "I promise" rang into her child's ear like church bells, yet inter-twined with lies and secrets. The girls mother lifted her child's hands away that were clinging onto her shoulders. The mother gave a sympathetic smile which was not to be seen under the darkness of the house.

She walked out the door and along the hall. Louder and louder the music got until it was recognisable as the sound of the grand piano that rested in their hallway. The mother frowned as her and her child were the only ones in the house, step by step she got closer to the piano, gulping. The piano changed into a soft minor key, the deep saddening music almost entrancing the mother. As she stared at the empty piano seat, bewildered. The mother felt chills run down her spine as she felt a cool breeze pass her, almost as if it were whispering... Peculiar though. With no open windows in sight.

meanwhile the girl sat alone on the bed. Terrified.

Suddenly there was a huge roar as the Grand piano burnt into flames but how? what was going on? The mother screamed and ran into her room as she looked left and right, the house got hotter and hotter as the fire spread across the hallway, as fast as a eagle could sour across the sky. The girl burst into tears.

"Mama." The girl sobbed "I told you I told you!"

"We have to get out of here, get to the window now" her mother panicked rummaging around for the locket she had promised for her daughter, she grabbed it from the drawer and stuffed it into the girls hand "Take it, get out of here."

"No mama, I can't!" she groaned starting to wheeze and cough from the smoke, trying to climb up and reach the window that was not budging. "Help me mama, help me."

Her mother reached for the window yet it still would not move, and her and her child's coughs were getting heavier and heavier, she could not breathe properly and her mind was spinning.

Eventually the mother seized the book she had on her bedside table and whacked it against the window causing it to shatter into a million tiny pieces. Though it was too late, and sooner or later their pitiful cries could be heard no longer, and amongst the ashes, a single locket remained.

Alas, Emily Hart Lived on. Not in body, but her fear, swam around in the air. Looking for someone to demolish. As the fire licked away, leaving nothing but sin.