Emily - flashback

Hey Hey! wild_fire here sorry if my chaps have been a little boring but it will get better I PROMISE. peace and love to all any vomments or fans appreciated. xox

A pair of emerald eyes. A pale face covered in ash. A long white nightgown. Bare footed. A melted doll in her hand. My hand in the other. Leading my childhood self into a graveyard to play. As the dead arose, corpses surrounded me, with a lopsided grin and bloodshot eyes, circling me, closer, and closer.

I woke up with a scream, I was sweating and out of breath, I hadn’t had that nightmare for over a year now, I used to have it every night until it gradually died away. Mum rushed in.

“What happened?” She whispered in an urgent tone.

“Nothing...sorry I had the dream again” I mumbled closing my eyes taking deep breaths. 

“Ok love, will you be alright?” Mum asked

“Yeah” I replied shaking any thoughts away that entered. As mum tiptoed out of my room and I opened my eyes again, forcing myself to stay awake. 

Over the next week I didn’t have the nightmare again at least, and schoolwork was going fine, I managed to sneak the album upstairs and hide it in my wardrobe, ok so it’s not a huge secret lots of little girls have imaginary friends but she wasn’t one. I know.

*flashback*

“Joy, somebody’s here to see you.” Mummy called out from downstairs.

“I’m playing with Emily!” I moaned as I told Emily that I would be back, and trudged downstairs. “Its that lady, but mummy I don’t like her asks too many questions.” After all it was true, but only because she was my psychiatrist. She was a big lady who always wore a tight grey skirt and purple eye shadow, her hair was always the same – short, curly and blond, but left down.

I remember mum gasping and telling the lady that I didn’t mean it, but I did.

“So...Joy, how has your little friend Emily been?” She asked in a very patronising voice.

“She’s okay, we made mud pies in the garden yesterday!” I exclaimed “But she wanted me to make one in the park with her, by the big river.”

“Sit down joy.” The lady instructed, I did as I was told for my mum’s sake, who laid a cup of tea down for the lady and sat down at the table with hers. “Do you think you could call Emily down for us?”

“Emily.” I called “Emily!I heard the lady mutter something about daddy to my mum.

“Is Emily here with us now?” The lady asked as she turned her head back round.

“Yes, she wants to play.” I told the lady, as Emily wandered up to me with a big grin on her face, she whispered something in my ear and I giggled.

“Has Emily just told you something? Would you like to share it with us?” The lady raised her eyebrows.

“She told me your fat!” I exclaimed, the lady looked shocked, and Emily burst out laughing,  I giggled with her.

Joy, that is an extremely rude thing to say to Miss Hirst.” Mummy shouted before getting up and grabbing my hand leading me down the hall and up the stairs “You do not say these things to a guest, go to your room”

“But mummy it wasn’t me it was Emily!” I moaned as she marched back down the stairs “It was Emily!” but no one would listen to me, would they?

*End of flashback*