Chapter III

NYLA

"Great job, Nyla. 2 laps in 3 minutes, that's the best i've seen this year. You ever thought of joining the track team?" Mr. Kimpson asked me.

"Nah, I don't do track." I said out of breath. I took a huge gulp of my water.

"C'mon. I think you'd like it. Just at least come try out." He begged.

"Alright, when is it?" I asked.

"Thursday after school." He concluded.

"Uhh, alright. But I can't stay any later than 4:30." Thursdays were the days I gave Rocko his money, I knew if I was late he'd lose it.

"That's all the time you'll need." He smiled. I sat down and waited for everyone else to finish up. I use to run track in middle school, but it's nothing I ever thought of doing seriously; But it is my last year so I might as well just go for it. The bell rang and dismissed us to go to lunch.

"Nyla, have lunch with me?" Ranae asked me as we changed back into our regular clothes. Most of the time, I just stayed in the library and read or i'd hit up the corner just to get in a few more sales, but after that run my stomach was growling and I was starving so I agreed.

*Picture of Ranae to the right

"Mmm, nothing like cafe food." I said sarcastically as I picked at my "pasta".

"Girl, you're crazy. So, what's been up with you lately? It seemed like you went ghost since summer break." Ranae laughed.

"I've just been real busy. I got a job recently, so you know how that is." I answered nonchalantly.

"Oh yeah, where do you work?" She asked.

"You know you ask a lot of questions." I chuckled trying to change the topic.

"I know. It's just we use to talk all the time and I miss our friendship Lala." She pouted.

"Awe, I miss our friendship too Rae." I replied back. I wasn't lying, I missed having friends period. I stopped talking to damn near everybody. My life consisted of school, work and homework.

"It's never too late to fix it" She smiled.

"It was never broken." I smiled.

"You're right." I gave her a hug and we continued to catch up about our lives and summer's when Rodrick and his boys walked over.

KENNETH

"You know I gotta go check on my girl." Landon commented as he walked over to where Nyla and Ranae were sitting.

"Wassup baby?" He said and kissed Ranae on the cheek.

"Nothing. I texted you this morning, where have you been?" She playfully hit him. Rodrick and I just took a seat knowing this would take a minute. I stared at Nyla who just picked at her food and looked real uncomfortable.

"You know I was handling business girl." He responded as he took a seat.

"Nyla girl, now why they let yo ass escape from the Lion King?" Rodrick teased.

"Her name was Nala, stupid." She said defensively.

"What's stupid is that hair do, which black chick you know with red hair? Girl, you ain't Rihanna." Rodrick tease her.

"Don't you ever get tired of messin' with me?" She asked while squinting her eyes at him.

"Never!" He said as his eye met hers.

"Shit, if I didn't know better I woulda thought y'all liked each other." I said, I was annoyed that Rodrick was flirting with her, but I knew better than to trip over something that ain't mine.

"Hell nah. You think I'd date the red Simba, I wouldn't even smash." Rodrick replied.

"CORRECTION! You couldn't even smash, with yo stank self." She shot back. We all began laughing.

"Forreal though Rodrick, you even take baths?!" Ranae commented as she died of laughter.

"Shit, I know Barbie's Hood House ain't talkin'! On a serious note, what's been going on witcha Young Simba, you been all anti and shit." Rodrick asked her.

"That's what I've been saying!" Ranae chimed in.

"You need to mind ya business." Nyla answered and took a sip of her water.

"Come with me to the party Saturday. Y'all too." Ranae said inviting all of us.

"Nah, i'm good. I don't do parties, you know this." Nyla answereed.

"Yeah, I ain't with that shit either. Y'all already know Deandra crazy." I said.

"Yeah, but you know she gon' bring her hoes will come through." Rodrick commented and he had a point.

"You right, i'm down." I smiled and gave him a daps.

"Y'all are just some dogs." Nyla said in disgust.

Rodrick and I started barking at the same time.

"Nyla, come on, come for me? Don't feed me to these hounds." Ranae said pouting.

"I'll think about it. I gotta go. Good bye everybody." She said as she got up.

"Awee, even me!" Rodrick yelled after her.

"Except Rodrick." She called back while walking out.

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN :)