Chapter XV: 6 MONTHS LATER... + Trailer

6 MONTHS LATER...

Business sky rocketed for me, because there was no big competition on the streets, all of Rocko's streets were mine. Everything that he had was mine, I took his work, I took his hoes, and anything else that he owned. I was a millionaire with all the money I had saved, I was spending fast, but money came in faster. I became addicted to cash and it was the only thing that kept my mind off of Nyla. There wasn't a night that passed that I didn't think about her, how she was doing, if the baby was alright, or if she found somebody else. I knew I was doing what I had to as the months went on we talked less and less. Even when I tried to communicate with her it seemed like she wasn't the same. She changed her number so it was impossible for me to get a hold of her. It's not like I needed her, I was still single but I was fucking bitches non-stop, mainly because I could. I did end up graduating with a 3.5 grade average, which for me was all I could ask. My mama was proud and that's what I wanted to begin with. A few times I thought about moving to LA but I wasn't ready. My whole life was here, and I wasn't about to drop it all and give it up. This was my hood, my streets, I had money, cars, clothes and hoes, if you ask me I'm living the real American dream. But I still felt like something was missing. I figured my child would be born any minute now. I didn't want to be a deadbeat dad, but I certainly didn't want to leave my streets either. I know it seemed like an obvious choice, for me to choose my child. In all honesty, I wasn't ready for that. I'm not ready to be a dad and i'm not prepared to let go of the life I live. One day, I'll meet my kid, but not right now....

NYLA

I didn't graduate this year. It was a little disheartening but I knew I was going to get it eventually. I got my apartment together, it was decorated nicely and my dad basically pays for everything. My hair has sort of grown back it just grazed my shoulder when straightened, which is how I wore it now. On July 4th my daughter, MacKenzie Kyla Cruz was born; My dad, Penelope and Darnell were the ones in attendance. He held my hand through it all. At first, I thought he'd run but he didn't and was very accepting of me, which I appreciated. Mackenzie looked so much like Kenneth, she had beautiful brownish- green eyes, my curly hair and his beautiful brown skin. I started to distance myself from Kenneth because I came to the realization that he was never going to change and I wanted so much more for myself and my daughter. I was going to tell him about the birth of our daughter, but I no longer had his number. I didn't want my daughter to know that her father is a drug lord, who left us for the "sake of the streets" or all that I had been through fighting for us to stay together. I wanted her to know someone who was intellegent, well put together and had bigger plans for their future, like Darnell did. He was getting an education, he had his own place, and car that wasn't bought with drug money. For the longest time I couldn't imagine my life without Kenneth, but now, I can. I've moved on and i'm sure he's done the same. I can't say my last year in high school has been easy, but I don't regret a thing. I learned so much about life, love and friendship. I may not have fast cars, multiple homes, or any of that..but I have people who care about me and my beautiful child and at the end of the day that's all I need. 

TRAILER...

THE AMERICAN DREAM: THE NOVEL PART 2

 http://www.wattpad.com/story/7109515-the-american-dream-the-urban-novel

What will happen when Kenneth decides to leave the streets alone and find Nyla and his child in LA? With Nyla now engaged to Darnell will she accept Kenny back in her life or do her best to keep him out of it & what will Kenneth do in order to make sure Darnell gets cut out of their life....Find out In the AMERICAN DREAM PART 2

4 YEARS LATER...

 *Mackenzie to the right

"Mommy!" Mackenzie yelled as she ran down the stairs. Her big brown hair took over most her small baby face. 

"What'd I tell you about running down the stairs?" I scoulded her as she stood by my side.

"Not to. Sorry, mommy." She pouted.

"Don't do it again, okay?" I asked her, making it clear as I cut up some fruit for her to eat. 

"Okay..but mommy, Wiggins and I want to go to the park." She smiled as our golden retriever puppy stood by her side. They were almost the same height, she was so small compared to a regular four year old. 

"Fine. Go get dressed and grab his leash." I told her and she took off running up the stairs again. I shook my head. I heard the door bell ring. 

"Mommy, can I get it?" Mackenzie said running down the stairs. 

"Sure." I said, knowing it was Darnell. He was the only one who really came over. 

"One minute!" She yelled as she grabbed her stool and ran to the door. 

"Hello." I heard her say.

"Hi babygirl, what's your name?" I heard an unfamiliar voice ask. 

"Mackenzie and this is Wiggins." She giggled.  

"You're so pretty Mackenzie, just like your mommy." He said.

"What's your name?"  She asked the man.

As I rushed to the door and he stood up, I recognized the face and almost passed out. 

"Kenneth." I said at a lost for words. 

"Happy to see me?" He smirked and lifted up Mackenzie.

"This is my new friend mommy." She smiled, everyone was her new friend. I took her from him and put her down. 

"Go upstairs for me, okay?" I said as she nodded and went up to her room.

"She's beautiful." He said.

I stared at him for a moment just taking him all in. He looked the same as I remembered except he had more muscle and a few more tattoos. His face looked more mature, and so was his demeanor. 

"Thanks." I sighed.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. 

"I came to see my daughter and my wife." He smiled.

"I stopped being your anything a long time ago, the streets are your wife, i'm just the chick on the side you used to occupy your time." I said as I got angry. 

"If that's how you feel, but i'm not the one who changed numbers and was left in the dark." He stated. 

"Hey baby." I heard Darnell say as he walked into the house. Kenneth turned around and then looked back at me. I knew this was the beginning of  something terrible because wherever Kenny went trouble followed. 

VOTE, COMMENT, FAN :)

_________________________________________________

MESSAGE FROM TEE: I really hope you guys enjoyed the story...Please look out for The American Dream: The Novel! Whoop Whoop! Thank you for all the reads and stuff and the link to The Novel will be posted real soon so please look out for that  & once again, thanks