Chapter X: More pain, More drama

NYLA

"What's wrong?" I asked confused. They were all looking at me like I just committed a murder. I was in no mood to deal with their attitudes but I had to play it off like everything was fine.

"Nyla, where'd you say you got that cut from again?" Kenneth asked me, referring to my arm.

"I cut myself by accident." I stammered, to be honest I can't remember what I told him.

"Can I see it?" Rodrick asked.

"No." I said quickly. "It's really disgusting." 

"Just lemme see it." Kenneth continued. He should know already, according to Rocko, he's the one that shot me. But he didn't know what I was involved in and I wanted to keep it that way. But from the looks of it, he was aware now. He pulled me to him and slowly unwrapped my bandages. Once they were all gone, he shook his head and threw it down on the floor.

"Bullet wound." He said as he pushed me backwards.

"The only people on the block that night were Rocko's workers. All thugs, ain't no bitch was standing on the corner." Landon said losing his cool.

"Which means, you work for Rocko. Remember the one, standing off to the side, the short one, the only one that wasn't fucking around?" Rodrick questioned them.

"That was you, huh?" Kenneth asked. 

I didn't respond.

"Explains why you're always missing, too busy selling dope, right." He continued. 

"Don't paint me to be the bad guy in this situation. You never told me you were a drug dealer either. For two, you shot me! Yet, i'm the fucked up one." I said trying to flip the script. 

"You're right. I did shoot you, and I should've killed your ass." He said in the coldest tone I ever heard. My eyes began to burn with tears. He continued to stare me dead in my eyes, I saw everyone fall back after that comment, I guess they knew he was dead wrong too. A tear escaped from my eye but I wiped it quickly.

"I know I shouldn't have kept it from you, but I promise i'll be honest." I said as I could no longer contain my tears. I was exhausted from lying, maybe if I told him the whole truth he'd understand and forgive me. 

KENNETH

"So you work for Rocko, anymore secrets?" I asked tryna keep my cool with her.

"Just one more thing..."

"What more could there possibly be." I laughed.

"I stole 30 grand from you...and I gave it to Rocko." She said as she looked at the ground.

Knowing that she took money from me, was one thing. But the fact that she gave it to Rocko really pissed me off. 

"Wow. You're amazing you know that. Just fucking amazing." I said as I walked passed her to my car. 

"Kenneth please," She tried to grab my arm and I backhanded her. I had never put my hand on a woman before, but I could no longer contain my anger. She fell to the floor and her mouth started to bleed. I knew I was wrong, but I knew she deserved it. I got into my car and drove so close to her, Lord knows I was tempted to run her ass over. 

I sped to my house to figure out where she took the money from. As I got into my condo, I opened up the safe and looked over my money everything seemed to be fine. I checked inside all my hiding spots then finally my couch. I looked and saw the dent she had put into my stacks. I couldn't contain my anger. I started punching the wall over and over again until my hand began to bleed.  I heard my phone ringing I took it out of my back pocket.