Chapter 10: Shots Fired

The plan is finally a-go.  Gene and Derek are taking their positions upstairs and Harley is just about set up. "Okay I think we're good to go," said Harley, speaking into his walkie talkie. Harley waits in silence.

    Meanwhile upstairs, Derek and Gene are discussing their plan. "Okay, I'll go to the living room and you go to the front room," said Derek. "Remember not to be too vulnerable or it could actually catch you." Gene agrees and they go their seperate ways. "Oh look at me! It is very fun being all alone," said Gene, speaking in a monotone, robotic voice. Derek, in the living room, yelled, "Look at me! I am all alone! Come get me!" There was a moment of silence. After about 10 seconds, a big thump was heard in the front room. "Gene?" Asked Derek. Gene came running into the hallway to meet up with Derek. "Oh hey buddy," said Gene. "Did you find it yet?" Derek was a bit confused. Derek said, "Hey Gene, what's the password again?" "What password?" Replied Gene. Derek glimpsed on Genes arm to find no squirrel drawn. Without hesitation, Derek smacked it's head, sending it flying 10 feet back. Derek rushed to the front room to find Gene, who was smacked into the wall. "LETS GO!" yelled Derek, dragging Gene along. The boys ran down the hallway while the thing was trying to keep up. The boys were almost to the basement, until the thing climbed up on the wall and attacked Derek from the side, sending him flying into the wall. It was crouched over Derek's body, ready to take its final blow, until it was interrupted by Gene, who hit it so hard with his hockey stick that it broke. "Nice one!" Said Derek, trying to catch his breath after looking death in the eye. The boys got down the stairs and, as planned, the thing was right behind them. But it doesn't go too well.

    As the boys were making it to the bottom of the stairs, something bad happened. The thing crawled onto the ceiling above them and passed them. It had picked up a Buzz Lightyear toy from a shelf by the stairs and sent it flying at speeds that were to infinity and beyond. The Buzz Lightyear toy knocked Gene out cold, leaving him on the stairs. Derek blurted out, "GENE!" but continued to run. He jumped over Genes unconscious body, making his way over to where Harley is. While Derek was running, he tripped over one of the Nerf guns from earlier and fell to the ground. The thing went up to him and punched him, sending him straight into the wall, badly injured. "DEREK!" Yelled Harley without thinking. Now it was coming for Harley. As planned, it has stepped over the net, but when Harley pulled on the rope to trap it in the net, but it had cut a whole in the bottom, so when Harley pulled the net up, the Thing stayed planted on the ground. Harley was horrified, too unstable to shoot the gun. "You still don't know why I'm here, do you?" said the Thing. "Who are you?" said Harley, stuttering and his voice breaking. "I am Jasmine. I used to live here a long time ago." "That's impossible!" Blurted out Harley. "This house was built when I moved in so no one lives here before my family!" "You know they had to tear down a house to make room for your house, right?" Said Jasmine. "They had to tear it down because someone died there. And that was me." Harley was shocked. "Oh crap, what's the number for the Ghostbusters," thought Harley. Jasmine continued. "My brother and I were playing a game of hide and seek around the whole house before his friends came over. It was my turn to hide,"
*FLASHBACK*
"Okay Jasmine, I'm gonna count to 100 and you have to hide," said Ben. Ben continued to count and Jasmine went to hide. "Ooooohh he'll never find me in the attic! " said Jasmine, as she climbed the ladder to the attic. Meanwhile, Ben continued counting. "55,56,57, 5-" Ben was cut off by the sound of a knock. It was his friends coming over for a sleepover.
*FLASHBACK OVER*
"I was still in the attic and Ben never came looking for me because of his stupid sleepover. I was up there for a day, and Ben didn't come looking for me. I tried to escape, but the ladder fell. It was either I wait forever and die of lack of food and water, or I try and jump down. I jumped, and landed head first onto the floorboards, killing me." "So what does that have to do with me?" Asked Harley. "Sleepovers were the cause of my death, so I had to take revenge at this sleepover, killing off everyone and dying all alone, like I did." Said Jasmine. Jasmine took a giant leap at Harley. Harley quickly grabbed the gun.
BANG!
Harley took a big breath.
He looked around the room to find he was surrounded by his friends. "Harley it's only 9:40 and you're already sleeping?" Said Jack. The clock showed it was 9:40pm. "I'm hungry...WHEN CAN WE EAT FOOD?!" said Gene powerfully.

A dream.
It was a sort of dream.

"Harley can you get the money from upstairs?" asked Derek.

Harley had a terrified look on his face, because he knows what will happen next.

Fin.

HEY EVERYONE! This is my very first Wattpad story and I think it went pretty well. I made most of it up on the spot but it turned out better than I expected. Tell me ur opinions on my book (or just on this chapter) I included some people in my story like how Jasmine is Jazzzzzzzzyyyyyyyy . Ill prob be writing another story soon. Happy Holidays!