Prologue

The golden haired woman and salmon haired man, leaned down towards the little girl. The golden haired woman with big, inviting chocolate brown eyes was on her knees in front of the tiny being, tears running down her face as the salmon haired man rubbed her back in small, comforting circles as he leaned over her, sorrow filling his onyx eyes. The golden haired woman's voice was shaky, unsteady and broken, "Nashi, promise. Promise Mommy and Daddy."

"I-I-I promise, Momma." The small figure's voice came out in a jumble, words slurring together, barely forming an understandable sentence. The tears were streaming down her face, leaving a trail of salt in its wake. "Daddy!" Her arms were thrown around the salmon haired man's form as she allowed herself to sob for a few moments more, cherishing the last hug she'd get from her father in a long time. She felt her mother's arms wrap around her as well, engulfing her in her favorite memories of her parents, who loved her so much. The ground shook as a low sound resonated through it.

"Natsu, she has to go... Now." The golden haired mage told her husband, voice shaking as she pulled away from her family, holding her baby girl in her arms which were visibly shaking.

"I know." He leaned over his little girl, held in his wife's arms and planted a lingering kiss on his little girl's forehead.

"Daddy, Mommy?" The little girl was confused, yet she knew, deep down, what she had to do.

The golden haired, celestial mage pushed her little girl's bangs out of her face as she placed a soft, gentle kiss on her forehead as well. "Remember who we are. Even if we don't know you then, we love you so much now."

"I love you too, Momma, Daddy." The little girl stood from her mother's lap, stumbling on her short legs towards the magic circle, just barely big enough for her to squeeze through the dark eggplant color as it began swirling and changing.

"My baby!" The golden haired mage cried while sitting up off of her knees.

The salmon haired mage brought his wife closer to him as they watched the magic circle disappear, their daughter disappearing along with it, "She knows what to do. She'll be fine."

"Yeah, I know... I'll just miss her."

A/N: In honor of NaLu almost becoming canon. You know... Soon.