Chapter 8

I still don't understand. Why is this Eyeless Jack character so nice to me? Even after I yell and fight against him, he still bandaged me up. Why?

I narrowed my eyes after Jack left the room. All I know is that I need to get outta here. The only problem will be getting this stupid collar off.

I smirked to myself as I started planning. I'll just have to wait until dark when everyone goes to sleep. I went over to a corner of the room and sat against the wall.

I brought my knees up and hid my face in them. I just need to wait. My patience will earn me my freedom.

Jack's pov

Going downstairs, the whole gang was in the living room. They all looked at me, Jeff being the first to speak.

"Our new pet didn't want to come down right now?"

I sighed in annoyance. "Enough with the pet thing, Jeff. She's one of us now."

Ben paused his game to look at me. "Tch, not yet she's not. She still doesn't want anything to do with us. Her staying up there by herself proves it."

He went straight back to his game. I told them, "Just give her time. I'm sure she'll come around eventually. For now, I'm keeping a close eye on her."

It became quiet as I turned toward Slender who sat comfortably in his chair. "Slender, where is the key to Myth's collar?"

He looked up from the book he was reading. "I have it with me. Why?"

"Could I...have it?"

"You're not thinking of releasing her, are you?"

I quickly shook my head. "No, of course not. At least not until we can trust her not to attack us."

"Then why do you want the key?"

"So Myth will see that her freedom lies in my hands and so I can get her to cooperate if I need to."

He finally nodded and held out the key in one of his tentacles. "Very well. If anyone is capable of this, it's you Jack. You're the most motivated. Just don't let her get the key from you."

I nodded and took the key, slipping it into my pocket. "I won't. And do you think you could get some more clothes for her?"

"Of course. I'll have some ready for you to take to her in a moment."

As I began to walk back to the stairs, Slender's voice spoke in my head again. "Oh, and Jack."

I stopped and looked back at him. "Yes?"

"Don't let your affection for the girl cause you to slip up and let her escape."

I could feel my face heat up. "I won't."

I went back upstairs to my room. Going inside, I saw Myth curled up in the corner of the room, her face hidden. I slowly approached her.

"Myth?"

She didn't reply. I crouched down and placed my hand on her arm. She instantly jerked away from me and lifted her head up.

"Don't touch me."

She glared at me. I decided to ask, "Why don't you get a nice, warm shower while I get some things for you?"

"How about I don't and you just leave me alone?"

I grinned slightly under my mask. "Well, I could always give you a bath myself if you're gonna be like that."

Her eyes widened ever so slightly at my statement. "You wouldn't."

"Try me."

After a moment of silence, Myth finally picked herself up. "You know, I think I will take a shower."

She walked over and entered the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. I grinned to myself. At least I I found out how to get her to do what I want.

I went over to the door and knocked. "Myth, I'm gonna need your clothes so they can be washed."

After a moment, the door opened slightly for Myth to toss her clothes out before it shut again. I got her clothes and left for the laundry room.

After putting her clothes in the wash, I went to see Slender. In his office, he held out some clothes for me to take to Myth. I took them and went back to my room.

Since Myth was still in the bathroom, I picked out her pajamas for her. A silky, black top with spaghetti straps and some silky black shorts to match. At least she'll look really cute.

Hearing the shower cut off, I went and knocked on the door again. "Myth, I've got some pajamas for you."

Just like last time, the door slightly opened and I held the clothes out, watching Myth's hand snatch them before the door shut again.

Myth's pov

Now this is getting ridiculous. He actually wants me to wear these kinds of clothes? Probably just so he can check me out. Pervert.

I quickly slipped them on and left the bathroom. Jack sat on his bed, his head turning toward me as I entered the room. I crossed my arms as he stood up.

"You look pretty."

I rolled my eyes. "Wasn't there anything else I could've worn?"

"Well, there was. But it's too late to change now. It's time we get some sleep. You can have the bed."

I scrunched my nose in disgust. "Me? Sleep in your bed? I'd rather sleep on the floor."

He shrugged. "If that's what you want."

He turned off the light and laid on his bed while I huddled up in the corner again. I smirked to myself and closed my eyes.

After a long while of silence, I opened my eyes. I slowly sat up, looking across the room at Jack, who was motionless on his bed.

Assuming he was asleep, I quietly got up. I went over to the door and placed my hand on the doorknob. I was surprised to find that the door wouldn't open.

"Locked?"

Hearing a low chuckle, I turned to see Jack getting up from his bed. He slowly came toward me, dangling a key from his finger.

"I knew you'd try to escape. Good thing I locked the door."

I glared at him. "How dare you trick me."

I tried to snatch the key from him, but he quickly tucked it into his pocket and pinned me against the door. He lifted his mask slightly, revealing his pointy teeth as he grinned at me.

"Now now, Myth, if you can't be a good girl then you'll just have to sleep with me."

He pulled me over to the bed, laying me down with him. He wrapped his arms around me and held me. I tried pushing him off me, but he wouldn't budge.

I struggled to get out of his grip, but his arms only tightened around me. "Let go of me!"

I suddenly felt a sharp pain in my shoulder, causing me to stop and look. Jack's teeth were partially buried in my shoulder. I tried pushing him off me again, but his teeth sunk deeper into my skin.

"Ow! stop! That hurts!"

I finally froze, completely stopping my struggle. Jack's teeth retracted from my now bleeding shoulder. I watched him as he licked the blood away until the wounds stopped bleeding.

"Sorry I had to do that. It was the only way to get you to stop."

I remained quiet as he stared at me for a moment. He finally laid his head down, nuzzling my wounded shoulder. I sighed and closed my eyes, letting sleep take over.