CHAPTER 16

Warning: CRINGY pick up lines used in this chapter.. :| don't say I didn't warn u.. THEYRE SUPER CRINGY! I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I wrote this..

___________________________

I combed my hair and left my hair fall to my shoulders. Since i didn't know how to put make up on properly i just went with one of mom's lip glosses. I finally started walking on heels properly and i knew how to stop and keep my balance thankfully. I leave the house making sure i locked the front door and wait for Dalon since he was my ride there and home.

Once he came out saying bye to his mom, he looked at me. I felt his gaze on me going from bottom to top. Feeling uncomfortable and I break the awkward silence by saying "How do i look?"

He clears his throat and says " You look hot!" typical Dalon. I grin.

"You don't look too bad yourself." i compliment him. He was wearing black jeans and a blue shirt. Hi sleeves were folded till his elbow. His shoes were black converse shoes. The look was simple but to Dalon the style looked perfect.

"Why thank you." he shows off by poses making me chuckle. "Come on let's go, we don't want to get late. "

"Yeah lets go."

*

The ride was silent.

Neither of us spoke, only the faint sound of music coming from the radio could be heard. Well this is awkward. Why isn't he speaking? Usually he's the one that starts the conversation, maybe he might be thinking about the incident we both had. I'm still wondering what that tattoo on his back meant. 'hope'  did something happen to him, and he doesn't want to lose hope?

Building up the courage, i ask him "So Dalon, can i ask you something?"

"shoot"

"I don't know if I'm supposed to ask you but I really want to know"

"Is it me being gay? because i can assure you im straight as hell." Giving me a serious look.

"What the hell! no." this makes him chuckle

"Summer you can ask me anything."

"Okay, well you see, when you were teaching me how to walk on heals, we both fell right?" he nods " You got hurt and I was putting ice."

"yeah?"

"Well I saw your tattoo." His eyes darken. "What does hope mean?"

"Hope, a noun, a feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen." he says bluntly.

I give him a look. "You know what i mean Dalon.. Why did you put it?"

"Because i wanted to."

"Are you serious right now?! You are impossible!"

"thanks i get that alot." he says winking. I huff and cross my arms, he is so hard to understand sometimes."Don't worry Sum I'll tell you when its the right time." i nod abruptly

*

Dalon parks the car and turns it off and looks at me. "Ready?"

Am i? Are you ready for the drunk dancing and loud music.? It isn't bad right? i hope its just like the movies. I nod.

Once we reached the front door, there wasn't any sound of music coming from inside. weird. i thought there's supposed to be loud music. I look at Dalon "Is it supposed to be this quiet?"