{04: scream queen}

Stella stood at the front of her school, her heart beating fast. Her hands shook violently, motivating her to shove them in her front pockets of her jeans, but even this didn't stop her muscles from spasming. Everything in the blonde expressed fear. Her glossy eyes held the feeling as did her tense shoulders. Her lips tried to calm her breathing by biting down, but she would exhale and inhale long sharp breaths.

Not even Stella could explain why she felt this way. Maybe it was because this was the last place she remembered-- or maybe she did subconsciously know what happened those four months ago. She couldn't pinpoint the answer.

"Come on, Stella," her godfather said, beckoning her into the school. Her azure irises glanced up to the words across the front of the building momentarily before advancing through the two double doors.

Harris could sense the Stella's stress, so in an attempt to alleviate, he wrapped his free arm around her shoulder. The blonde stiffened.

The science teacher pursed his lips. "If you want to leave, you can go back home. I'm okay with that." He stopped in the middle the hallway, facing his goddaughter, locking eyes, his hands placed on her shoulder. "You don't have to be here. Everyone already knows you're strong enough to be here."

Stella didn't say anything. Her lips turned upwards into a weak smile. "I'm fine. The quicker I can get into the groove of school, the better I'll be."

Smiling, Harris and Stella ambled towards his classroom.

"But would you be okay with me maybe skipping a couple classes to come to your office if things get a little heavy?" the blonde asked, rubbing the nape of her neck.

Of course, Harris was fine with her taking a pit stop in his classroom. In fact, he hoped she would. That way, he could keep an eye on her. He didn't know what was yet to come with what happened to her, but he felt he was best qualified to assist her in finding out what her dad left her with. "You take as much time as you need."

The blonde managed a smile, sitting in one of the chairs in her godfather's classroom. She didn't say much more to the teacher, only asking questions on the subject of chemistry since she had to finish the classwork she'd missed when she was gone. Unlike her old self, who never did homework, Stella was inspired to be the student she never was, the family member she never was, and the friend she wanted to be. To her, the girl who walked these halls four months ago was dead.

As her fingers drummed on the desk in the front of them chemistry class, Stella felt different. Her body relaxed, fear seeming to escape her body. "I'm going to try and find Allison and Lydia," Stella mumbled, her eyes reflecting her sincere smile.

When she walked out of the classroom, she instantly was overwhelmed the smell of boys, perfume, and anxiety. The school had always had a distinct smell of these things, but it intensified the first week of school. Sucking a deep breath, the blonde walked through the halls, her eyes scanning for the closest thing she called friends.

When Stella spotted the strawberry-blonde by her locker, she approached her, following the intelligent girl's eyes to the incoming freshman.

"Allison, I love you," Lydia said, pursing her pouty pink lips. "So if you need to do that thing where we talk about me and pretend like we're not actually talking about you-- it's totally fine." The AP student shifted her weight, while Allison cocked her eyebrow. "But I don't want a boyfriend. I want a distraction." Two twins made their way through the hallway, their shoulders pushed back, their helmets swinging on their sides.

The dark-haired girl gave a weak smile to her blonde friend. "Brothers?" She asked, eyeing the two attractive boys.

Lydia's smile grew. "Twins."  She turned to her newly-arrived friend. "Stella, you're back." Her green eyes followed the boys as they prowled the corridor.