four

four

Luke got out of the taxi cab, paying their driver. He made sure he had his bag and Nolan's diaper bag. He waited for a gap in the downtown sidewalk traffic before he cut through straight into the recording studio building.

It was tall—not a skyscraper, though. Luke knew the studio well, he spent lots of time in there when Matty and the band were recording their debut album. Luke was extremely pregnant at the time which caused him to be asleep for most of it.

He held Nolan closer, hoping the cold didn't bother him too much. The January air was bitter and dry, much like New Yorkers personality.

He got to the lobby floor, the secretary letting him through right away. The old secretary recognized faces more than name, she knew Luke by his face, not his name. She was probably senile, but that's okay, she makes him chocolate chip cookies.

Luke did do some work at the recording studio like filing papers and such a few times a week. But, it wasn't enough for them to actually know his entire life story.

Luke got up the elevator, pressing the thirteenth floor and waiting for the doors to close. He looked down at Nolan, all bundled up in a heavy sweater. He opened his dark blue eyes, smiling up at his father and squirming in his arms.

"Hi, Peach," Luke whispered, adjusting him and putting a finger in front of his face, quickly booping his nose.

The baby squealed in delight, always enjoying his fathers presence.

"We're gonna go see Daddy, are you excited?"

He knew Nolan wouldn't respond, he was only a year old. But, it was supposed to happen soon. Anywhere between a year and a half to two years. He couldn't wait for the day.

He continued to play with Nolan on the elevator ride up, unable to stop the smile from his face every time Nolan giggled—which was a lot.

The elevator finally reached the right floor, letting the two boys out. Luke looked around the hallway of many studios, he could hear muffled bass riffs, muffled drum tracks. It was a nice environment, behind every door was something new, something different.

He came across the studio with a card labeled The 1975. Matty's band was good, really, really good. Luke enjoyed listening to the new tracks they put out. Each one seemed to hold a different vibe.

Luke opened up the door, being greeted with Matty and his entourage gathered around the couches and sound board. Luke automatically recognized the smell of weed, he looked disapprovingly at his husband, but continued to walk in.

He was greeted with overly happy men, all wanting to hold Nolan. No way in Hell was Luke going to give a bunch of high men his child. He looked at Matty, the man had a hazy glow under his eyes.

The blonde looked to the left, finding residue of coke wrapped in papers. Luke was extremely unimpressed, and extremely upset.

There are a few things that never changed, and Matty's habit of putting actual garbage into his body was one of them. When Luke met Matty, Matty and Ashton were the ones always getting high.

Now, Ashton fled across the globe for an adventure and it was just Matty. Matty did tone it down, especially after the baby came. He didn't want to put his child in danger, and never did anything like that at home. At least not inside the home.

Luke stayed for a while, holding sleeping Nolan close to his beating heart. He continued to glare at Matty, even when his lover was recording vocal tracks an entire glass room away.

He stood up after an hour, making up a reason to leave. He strapped Nolan's diaper bag over his right shoulder, still holding his baby close to him. He could hear the one-year-old giggling, causing the entourage to laugh, too.

Nolan was good at that.

Luke headed back down and into the busy city streets. He could hear his baby starting to fuss in the cold wind and loud streets, but there was nothing he could do at the moment. Luke's fingers rubbed up and down Nolan's back, hoping to give him some type of comfort to stop the tears.

He rushed into a coffee shop, quickly placing everything on the table and Nolan in his lap. He covered him in kisses, his thumbs tickling his stomach until his happy baby became happy again.

He got up moments later, getting himself the largest size of espresso possible. He needed that caffeine. Luke knew he and Matty were going to argue tonight. He was going to make his husband sleep on the couch with the cat, even after the older man apologized.

Luke didn't want Matty going to work just to get high. He didn't like that. No matter what 'creative flow' Matt swore it gave him.

He took out his phone, refreshing his email in hopes of a response from his ex-lover. Luke read over his short emailing, wondering if he was just bothering Michael. Michael had a life now, it seemed like it was a good one, too.

Luke had Nolan curled into the bend of Luke's arm as he began writing back. Yeah, you know life. It's hard sometimes.

My parents are still in that small town, we don't talk anymore, though. It's a long story—Okay, it's not. They don't like Matty. They don't want anything to do with me if I'm with him.

It doesn't matter, nobody cares.

Luke ran a finger over Nolan's soft skin, smiling at the human being he and Matty created. Beautiful.

I hope things get better soon. I miss you.

Luke deleted the last sentence, replacing it with Maybe I'll visit soon. I can't wait to meet your family, yeah?

(a/n) gonna try something new !!

thoughts on matty?

thoughts on matty/luke?

how cute is nolan? (you better say super cute)

how's michael gonna react?

do u love me? (pls say yes)