eleven

eleven

Hey again,

Matty is on tour now. This is only a short tour so it shouldn't be too long or exhausting or anything.

I miss going on tour with him. Their last tour was a world tour and I had to stay home the last two months because I was extremely pregnant. It was sad and lonely, honestly. I have friends here in NYC but I don't have best friends. You know what I mean?

Do you remember Ashton? He's in Australia now. He was studying abroad and fell in love with the country (and with some girl). I hear from him now and then but I do miss him dearly. I'm pretty sure he was the only best friend I've ever had.

You, too, of course. We were something a little more, though.

Luke got up from the couch when he heard Nolan moving around. It was nine at night and the apartment was quiet. The television wasn't on, there wasn't music playing, there wasn't anyone Luke could talk to really.

He picked up the newly awake baby, figuring Nolan didn't like the silence either.

"You don't want to sleep?" He asked the small boy.

Nolan looked up at him and giggled, making Luke smile. Luke brushed the curls from Nolan's face before taking him back to the living room.

He held his baby close to his chest as he took out his phone once more.

It's getting late and it's extremely quiet. This sleepless city has never felt so quiet. I don't know. It's a little weird, I guess. Matty always has some classical playlist playing in the background because he's secretly a fifty-year-old women.

Your family sounds amazing. You've never been a man of many words, but come on. //Really// tell me about them. How'd you meet? Do they treat you like family, too?

I hope to see you soon, Mikey. I really do.

—Luke

Luke looked down at the half-asleep baby. His dark blue eyes were creeping shut as the one-year-old tried to stay awake.

He ran his hand over Nolan's cheekbones and down his chin. Every day, he looked more and more like Matty—except the blue eyes, obviously. It's been two days without Matty, only one night, and Luke misses him.

Luke can't remember what he did before Matty. The memories that Michael still has in his head are not in Luke's. He doesn't remember the nights they shared anymore, he doesn't remember the drives they took out of the city to make sure no one would know them.

He doesn't remember their relationship the way Michael does. 

Thoughts on Luke overall? 

Thoughts all together?

Love me (by the 1975).