twenty four

twenty four

Luke walked back into their fertility doctors office to find Matty still sitting where he left him ten minutes ago. The blonde sat in the soft chair to his left, crossing his feet over one another.

"How was it?"

"Awful," the responded.

"It's just a blood test."

"Shut up, Mathew, you stab heroine into your veins."

The curly haired man laughed, knowing Luke didn't mean it too harshly. They had an openly teasing relationship. He faced Luke, looking over his features. He could tell the blonde was scared of the results. This would tell if he was fertile or not, if they were able to have another kid or not.

Luke's eyebrows were furrowed as he played with his own fingers. His left foot was bouncing up and down, making his whole body move with every bounce.

"You're making me anxious."

"I'm always anxious," Luke responded bitterly. "What if we can't have kids?"

"Then we can't. We move on, life moves on." Matty scooted his chair closer to Luke, reaching his hand over their arm rests and entwining their equally thin fingers together. "I promise you that no matter what the results say, I will still be in love with you and we will still have our beautiful son. Okay?"

Luke nodded, he couldn't help but be scared.

The couple sat in silence for half an hour, neither of them willing to break the silence. Matty had a feeling deep in his gut telling him something was going to go wrong, he simply knew it.

He doesn't know how, he doesn't know why, he just knows.

Their doctor walked in, greeting Luke and Matty with a smile and strong handshake. "So, we ran a few tests and the good news is you have no disease that's stopping your ovulation." He looked down at his clipboard, unable to look at the couple anymore. Matty knew that's when it was coming. "But, the bad news is you have a very, very thin ovulation. With a thin ovulation, the eggs you're giving off aren't complete or they release very few."

Luke looked at Matty, only to see him refusing to look back. The older man kept nodding along with the doctor, his emotions unclear.

"It's possible for you to get pregnant, but the chance is less than 2 percent. You are fertile, but that one fertile egg you need might not be released." Their doctor turned around his binder, showing both boys something in his notes.

Luke's eyes were fuzzing up, he didn't think he was crying, he was just not in the moment. He kept looking over at Matty, waiting for him to do something.

They always joke that Nolan was their miracle baby after it took two years to conceive him, but as Matty looked at the documents in front of him, he realized Nolan literally was their miracle baby.

Matt reached over when Luke stopped moving around, he grabbed the blonde's hand and squeezed it a few times. It was a simple reminder of their many earlier conversations. Matty reached up, laying kisses upon Luke's knuckles.

Luke started his silent tears as Matty continued to listen. This all seemed like his life—depending on someone else to be his strength. The blonde looked down at their hands, his fingers twisting Matt's wedding ring around his fourth finger a few times.

"That 2 percent chance is better than no chance," their doctor spoke mostly to Matty, knowing everything was going in one of Luke's ear and out the other, "There are so many things we can do to make that 2 percent into 50 percent or more."
"We—We're definitely willing to try anything," Matty responded. He looked at Luke, pulling at his hand until he looked up. "Is that what you want, too?"

He nodded, his glassy eyes still captured in Matty's stare.

Not again

Do you think Luke will be able to have More Cute Children?

Thoughts overall?

I'm updating at exactly midnight. I told you, I'm never late.