eighteen

eighteen

I proposed! Michael wrote with excitement. He said yes, obviously. It wasn't anything extremely romantic, it was a really casual conversation that involved the kids, too.

I'm grinning so wide right now, I'm just really excited. I don't think we're going to have a big wedding or anything, but you'll be first to know if we do!!

Anyways, to answer your last email. No, I don't think we plan on having any more kids. You've gotta remember I'm old as hell now—forty-one! Calum isn't forty yet, but he's getting there.

The three are kind of my own, I often forget that they're not. Everything moved so fast, I went from their neighbor to their second father really, really quickly.

I'm glad, though. It was time.

I hope you make it out here to Middle Of Nowhere, Missouri. I'd love to see you.

—Mikey

Luke read the email in bed, trying to figure out the pang of hurt he felt. Why was he hurt? Michael was moving on! That's good! It was time for him to move on, he said so himself.

The blonde closed his phone, letting it rest on the bedside table for the rest of the morning.

He rolled over, crawling into Matty's arms. The older man woke briefly from his sleep to readjust their position. He moved his lean arms around Luke's back, resting his hand on Luke's back dimples.

Luke entwined their legs as he got comfortable attached to his husband so closely.

He went back to his thoughts, unsure of his uncomforted mental state. He didn't love Michael anymore, he knew that for sure. There was still something there, though. He didn't want to be with Michael, but he didn't want Michael to be with anyone.

Luke wasn't jealous. He had a loving husband and beautiful baby.

He reached down to his chest, grabbing one of the two necklaces he wears. He felt the ring attached to the chain, feeling over the grooves. That was a happy time in his life where everything felt alright. Today, Luke is back in that happy place, just with someone new.

He let the necklace pendants drop to their bed sheets as he looked at his left hand. Luke twirled the band around his fourth finger, remember their wedding in vivid colors.

They had a decent size wedding at an old opera house ballroom. The room was filled with white pillars and iron detailing. Luke wanted the gold room, but Matty swore it didn't match their aesthetic.

Matty was right. The black and white room was more aesthetically pleasing. Their photos from the night were beyond breathtaking, just remembering the night could make Luke smile effortlessly.

He looked up at Matty, the man half asleep. He was snoring softly, breaths of air falling from his open mouth.

Luke reached up, tracing a few tattoos on his ribs. He really, really loved Matty. He never thought he'd fall for the lanky boy with noodle-like hair. But, he did, and he will never regret doing so.

"That tickles," Matty's morning voice broke their silence.

"Sorry," Luke whispered, retracting his hand.

"I love when you do that."

"Do what?"

"When you, like," he paused, "You just get lost in space."

Luke smiled, his face still pressed against Matty's skin. "Well, you know me."

Matty patted Luke's back, "Yeah," he laughed lowly, "I do."

"Do you think we're still in love as we were when you proposed?"

Matt suddenly sat up, giving Luke an alarmed look. "Whoa, whoa, what? Yeah, of course we are. Are you?"

"Calm down, Babe, I was just asking."

"Is something wrong?" Matty folded his feet below him, still giving Luke a scared look.

Luke sat back on his side of the bed, laying in the sheets and looking up at their ceiling. "No, no. Do you remember Michael?"

"Of course I remember Michael."

Luke sighed. "Well, he just got engaged and I feel weird and I don't know why."

Matty laid down, content that Luke wasn't trying to break up now. He moved over, half of his body over Luke as he laid on his stomach, looking up at the blonde. "Well, you two had something special. It's okay if you're not completely ecstatic."

"I don't know," he sighed, "The dude he's marrying seems totally cool and all, and there's no reason for me to feel upset at all, right?"

"You're allowed to be a little bit upset," Matty said, his voice calm and quiet. The two were used to their early morning conversations with the baby still asleep. "You two almost had a child, you two were almost married. He wasn't just someone you saw on the subway. He was something special and good things are happening."

The blonde shrugged.

"There's always going to be something special about him. He was your first everything, you don't just forget that."

"What about you?" He asked, "Do you remember your first everything? Are you this effected?"

Matt shook his head, "You're my first and only love, Luke."

The twenty-nine year old smiled. "I'm happy," Luke said, his hands tangled in Matty's hair once more, "And I am so in love with you."

Matty crawled up Luke's body, kissing him straight on the lips. "Good. Don't go scaring me like that, please." Matt left kisses on the corners of Luke's mouth and the tip of his nose. "I thought you were gonna leave me all alone in my slow fall to death."

Luke laughed, putting his hands on the sides of Matty's face. "You need to shave and brush your teeth," the blonde said, rubbing at the dark stubble around Matt's jawline knowing it annoyed him.

"Can we squeeze in a quickie before the baby wakes up?"

Luke nodded as he began pushing Matty's head down towards his crotch, "Let's do this."

Thoughts on Michael and Calum getting married?

Do you still "strongly dislike" Matty?

I tired of only having one story up, especially since  I've finished writing this one. I'm currently working on two stories (plus one w Mel (Muking)), but none of them are quite ready to be published. 

What would you guys think if I started to publish one of them but I'd only update once a week or something like that? Do you prefer me updating every other day for all my stories or update every other day for this story and once a week for the others?

It's snowing here, so if it's snowing where you are, stay safe and warm!! x