1. Summer festival

__________________________

At the summer festival in Tokyo, at night.

A small boy who looks to be around 10 years old finds his way through the sea of people walking between the food and play stands placed on each sides of the long road. There is a smell of cherry blossom and sweetness in the air.

Everyone seems to be going the same way, towards the hill where the fireworks always looks the best. However, the small boy doesn't seem interested in such a thing as he continues his struggle through the narrow path while constantly being blocked by people.

His name is Jungkook, and his fate doesn't allow him to be happy.

It tells him to be alone.

A group of 4 boys, where all of them looks be around his own age moves in the same direction as the majority. He carefully walks past them, and in the process accidentally meets the gaze of one the boys.

The boy which eyes he meets looks lively, with a happy gaze, a big rectangular smile and a mole near his nosetip completing his cute face. Jungkook quickly avoids eyecontact and hurries past them.

What he doesn't know is that the lively boy he just made eyecontact with looks long after him. He looks and looks, all until Jungkook's small back can no longer be seen.

The lively boy scratches his nose and seems to think for a second.

His same is Taehyung.

And his fate, who has been nothing but happy days and playing, is about to get frozen in time.

But how would he know?

...

"Tae, hurry up! We're gonna get a bad spot!" His friend Hoseok calls and nudges his arm.

The two remaining boys, Jin and Jimin who has gone about 2 metres ahead holding hands now turns around. Jin, who is significally taller than Jimin and on top of that the eldest hyung amongst them resembles slightly a mother holding hands with the younger orange haired boy.

Jin smiles towards Taehyung.

"Let's go?" He says.

Taehyung nods and takes a step forwards. Jin and Jimin turns around and starts walking again and Hoseok is loudly complaining of how Taehyung would listen to Jin but not to him. 

The smell of cherry blossom and sweetness in the air soon gets mixed with the smell of fireworks and the loud noises made from them easily overpowers the chatting of the crowd as well.

On the staircase of a temple not far from the festival, Jungkook has sat down and is watching the now lit-up colored sky from afar. It seems to be sparkling, much more brighter than thousands of stars in the sky. It fills the small boy's eyes with hope.

"It's beautiful..." He says.

Even alone it's beautiful...
How would it look if I weren't?
Would it sparkle even more?

The words he would never dare to say out loud.

This small rabbit's fate won't allow it.