10. Frowning

__________________________

"What..."

Silence.

The first memory, the summer festival. Taehyung had fun with Jin, Hoseok and Jimin, but his parents told him to stay away from his childhood friend. They were anxious...

Second memory, four years ago. Jin acting suspicious when Taehyung finally opens up about his parents and neighbors... What was his childhood friend's name again? Does Jin really not know?

Third memory, three years ago. Taehyung walks past their houses, something feeling strange. I wonder what happened to my friend... However, he has given up. Let's live a happy life.

Forth memory, one year ago.
Taehyung is starting his new school, Jin is acting unusually nervous when he follows Taehyung and Namjoon, who's a second year there. Why is it being connected to this topic?

Because although still stubbornly hidden deep inside, Taehyung knew at first sight. The first time he laid his eyes upon the shivering bunny stuck in the corner of the classroom. How could he not?

Roughly a month ago.

"His name is Jungkook, right?"

"Just because he's alone doesn't mean that he's lonely... And if he's lonely, then it's probably nothing he's chosen. It's something he has mistaken as his reality... No, his fate and accepted."

But... What caused it?
Do you remember now?

... He does indeed.

"Who... my childhood friend was...", Taehyung raises his gaze and looks up at a terrified Jungkook, "I know."

The remaining ice on the Popsicle gives in to the spring heat and falls down to the ground with a watery sound.

Ah, what a waste.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

Yoongi looks from Jimin to Hoseok with dissatisfied eyes. Aren't they sitting too close? He puts down the bunch of papers heavily on Hoseok's desk, creating a sudden sound that makes Jimin jump in startle. Yoongi wonders briefly why he seems to be so on edge.

"Is this your usual seating?", He casually asks, directing the question to both of them.

Hoseok nods, showing a polite smile. However, in reality he wishes for Yoongi to leave so that he can continue speaking to Jimin. He never got an answer to his confession...

His eyes studies the orange haired boy before him and he smiles softly at the sight of Jimin's cheeks that are still burning in a weak reddish color. From there, his eyes continue to wander. Studying those perfectly plump lips that look slightly moist and so kissable. He looks at Jimin's jawline, his cute nose and small hands with adorably short fingers that are currently doing their best to cover his own flustered face. Not knowing that he's caught by Yoongi, Hoseok dreams away. About the many things he'd like to experience with Park Jimin...

"Jimin, we need to speak.", Yoongi says with a tone sounding anything but entertained and takes the younger's hand, almost dragging him out of the classroom.