7. The red against the pink

__________________________

With dangling legs and the faint yellow light from the desklamp as their only light source, they're laying on Jungkook's bed in silence. Taehyung, who can sense Jungkook's nervousity chuckles for himself as he watches the younger boy.

He really had been cute hiding behind that door...

"Taehyung...", Jungkook says with blushed cheeks that has been burning hot for a while now.

"Mmm?"

Jungkook bites his lip, he really wants to ask about Taehyung's past but could easily lead to him figuring out that Jungkook had gone to see Jimin. That he had known where Jimin was without telling.

"Nothing...", he says and gets startled by Taehyung's phone suddenly calling.

Taehyung laughs at Jungkook's randomness but stops when he sees who it is.

"JUNGKOOK, JIMIN'S CALLING.", he holds the display up for Jungkook to see who chuckles awkwardly, thanking Jimin on the inside for keeping his promise.

I'm happy that i could be useful.

"Park Jimin, where have you been?", Taehyung asks into the phone with a fake upset tone.

Jungkook can't hear the answer as Taehyung decides to roll over on his side when Jimin answers him, something that causes a low rustling sound from the sheets and also distracts a fair amount of Jungkook's attention.

Taehyung now lays with his back turned to Jungkook so that all he can hear is a giggle coming from his elder's side.

I wonder what they're talking about...

I also want to make him laugh...

Taehyung, suddenly feeling a shy hand pulling his arm from behind turns around slowly. Slightly distracted from his friend on the phone.

"Jungkook?", Taehyung asks as the younger boy cuddles up to Taehyung's back, nudging his forehead against it while moving even closer.

"W-what are you doing?", Taehyung whispers as he's starting to feel flustered, "No, not you Jimin.. I... I gotta go. Yeah, bye."

...

"Jungkook...?", Taehyung asks with a low voice, not daring to move or turn around since it feels like he may scare the boy away.

Jungkook closes his eyes and bites his lip, tugging at it. Almost so it starts hurting. He feels odd... Jealousy? And so, he decides to ask.

"How did you make your fate start moving again after being frozen in time?"

...

Taehyung, startled by Jungkook's question takes a few seconds to think before he changes positions and uses his hand as a pillow.

"Let's see now..."

❀❀❀❀❀❀

"... And thus your father wishes you to continue with your studies as before."