Chapter 1

Catlin P.O.V

I can't believe I'm gonna meet my sister.

 What if she hates me or doesn't want me around? Shockingly, I also found out that I have a cousin.

I'm pretty sure his name is Jeremy and of course we can't forget the lovely aunt Jenna. After what feels like hours I finally spot the...Welcome to Mystic Falls sign.

I haven't contacted anyone yet. My current plan is to just show up on their doorstep. Surprise!

After checking in to my hotel and getting settled in my phone starts ringing. After what feels like a fight to get my phone from my purse I look at the caller ID to see it was Ally. She was and is the only person who understood me from back home.

"Hello. "

"Omg finally, I called you like 20 times! I thought something happened to you." Ally all but screamed into the phone.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! I just got here I have to go unpack and then I was just about to get some food."  

"It's fine call me when your back and safe." She sighed and then I hung up.

I changed into something light and grabbed my purse heading out the lobby doors and into the town square. After walking around and looking for a while the only place I could see was the Mystic Grill. 

How original.

After taking two steps into the restaurant I can already tell that it is the town hangout spot. Scanning the room my eyes immediately land on Elena. She's surrounded by a group around her age probably her friends. 

Not wanting to make a scene now or with so many people around I decide to just leave and order a pizza or something from my hotel. I was so close to being in the clear until I felt someone grab my wrist. I prayed it wasn't Elena.

I turned to look who it was and it was a blonde girl with blue eyes.

"Hi! I'm Caroline. " she says excitedly.  

"Hello"  

"Your new here." Well that definitely wasn't a question.

"That obvious huh?" I giggled a little.

"What's your name, new girl." Before I know it she's leading us both towards the table where all her friends are sitting.

"Catlin Pierce." 

As soon as I said my name out loud everyone looked shocked. Some even looked scared. Before I even had a chance to say anything else Elena stepped forward and help out her hand.  

"I'm Elena Gilbert." I took her hand in my own and shook it.

"I know." Everyone's eyes were now on me.

"How?" She seemed very hesitant. She must be in a lot of dangerous situations. 

"Well I was going to do this later in a better way. Maybe a little more private but I guess this is a good as enough time as any." I sighed. I really didn't wanna have to do this in front of all her friends.

"What?" She asked confused. And by the looks on everyone's faces they were feeling the same way. 

"I'm your half sister" I mumbled. 

"Are you serious?" She asked shocked. Well guess she heard me.

"Yup." I said looking down at my feet. I've been scared of this for weeks. Being rejected by my only sister.