Chapter 2

Catlin P.O.V

I've been living at the Salvatore residence for about a week or so. Nothing important or interesting has happened. I've only encountered the brothers the first day and not really any other time.

Tonight I got invited to a party at the Mystic Grill.

 The funny thing is I got invited by Caroline. Yup Elena hates me now for no reason because I have barley had a whole conversation with her yet. 

Me and Caroline have been hitting it off so far. She is what I would call my closest friend her right now. Or technically my only friend but it's okay because I love her.

While getting ready for the party I started to think about how I found out about vampires. Yeah you read it right. Real life can't walk in the sun, have to be invited in vampires. I really don't know how I didn't loose my shit and walk out but I trust them.

I feel at home here.

*Flashback*

 Last week

I was walking into to the boarding house cause I'm finally moving in. While struggling to carry all my belongings in as soon as I walk in and close the door I put my stuff down and look towards the couch to see Damon with his head in a girls neck and she was limp.

I gasped and covered my mouth. I didn't know what to think. What did I just walk into? Are they going to kill me too?

 As soon as Damon notices me and looks in my direction he stops what he's doing.

"Caitlin!" 

He rushes up to me and stares in my eyes and tries to tell me I don't remember it! Who does he think he is!!!

"Um Damon what are you doing?" I asked pushing him away a little.

"W-w-wait how is that possible?" He grabs my face in his hands and tries again.

After he understands that it's not working he sighs and puts his head in his hands. He was muttering things I'm pretty sure he was saying something about Stefan being mad at him or something.

Later that day Stefan and Damon sat me down and explained the whole thing. I was still in shock. I had no idea how to feel. This could be really dangerous. Next time I looked up everyone was here.

"Maybe I should just stay at my hotel. So I don't interrupt anything you guys having going on." I said quietly but they all still heard me.

"No! - I mean no that just a waste of money." Damon coughs.

"Yeah it just makes more sense to stay here. We can go to school together in the morning. Damon is going to do his business outside of the house while you stay here."

"If she wants to go we can't make her stay here!" Elena said while glaring at the boys.

Just to piss Elena off. Which isn't the right way to do things but when did I ever care?

"You know what?" I started to make Elena seem like she was going to win this "I think I'll stay. I trust you guys not to hurt me." I smiled at them both without looking in her direction. 

I made my way other to Caroline and plopped down next to her smiling at her. She smiled back and started to play with my hair which led to her braiding it.

Stefan let out a sigh of relief which made me and Elena look at him. I smiled shyly while well let me just say if looks could kill Stefan would be one dead man.